Chapter 43.

Adrianna's POV.

I woke up and stared at the alarm clock, reading that is said 2:00AM. Great perfect now I get a messed-up sleep schedule. I swiveled in my place to see Derek, his eyelashes touching his cheek bones, mouth parted slightly producing soft snores. Zena was still asleep in her bed. I poked Derek's cheek causing him to stir a little bit, so I did it again and again until he woke up, "Why have you woken me up at 10 past 2 in the morning?" he asked his voice hoarse, "I wanna go for a drive" my voice slightly pleading, he doesn't have work tomorrow so we can sleep in when we get back. "Fine" is all I get for a reply, I changed into a big hoodie and leggings while he changed into joggers and a muscle fit t-shirt, which I wasn't complaining about at all.

In the car I played music from my phone through his car speakers, the humid air allowing me to have the window down slightly causing my hair to blow in multiple directions. It started to rain so I put the window back up and told him to pull into the Walmart parking lot. I turned his speakers all the way up nearly bursting our eardrums in the confined space, I jumped out and Derek followed both of us immediately soaking wet. We stood in front of his car his headlights lighting up each other's face, he was staring at me as if I was the best thing in the world and it made something in my heart pull, I had never really experienced that look, not in the way he meant it.

I pulled him down into a kiss. It was short but it said so much, it was passionate and loving. He pulled me into another one wrapping his arm around my legs causing me to jump. My legs now wrapped around his torso the kiss became more in every way possible.

We pulled away and I stared down at him, he released my legs and we got back in the car and he was driving somewhere. When we pulled up to Mcdonalds he asked me what I wanted "Can I have 9 chicken nuggets and chips with a chocolate milkshake" he nodded and relayed the information to the lady. We sat in the car park eating, talking getting to know each other better.

When we made it home, we both needed a shower one to warm up and two because we still hadn't showered after that case. "You go first, I'll wait" he said. After our kiss I felt confident in myself "Or you could join me and save water" I replied, when his facial expression changed, he walked up to me "Are you ready for that?" he asked, his voice held nothing but concern. "We don't have to do anything than shower" I had lost a bit of my confidence, I thought he'd want this, maybe he doesn't. He picked up my hand leading me to the bathroom and turned the shower on leaving his hand under it until it became a good temperature. We both stripped off our clothes and got inside, he washed my hair and my back while I did his after. And this weekend had been perfect.