Chapter 21.

Derek's POV.

I couldn't sleep all night, if I'm being honest, I stared at her bed remembering the promise I made and us hugging through the night. She had told me she felt safe and protected and now she's with that pathetic excuse of a man the complete opposite of safe and protected. A knock at my door pushed me back into reality and I went to answer it. Hotch was on the other side of the door "You ready?" he asked not really a question more of statement telling me they were ready to leave. In my state of not being able to sleep I had packed some joggers and a big hoodie from Adri's clothes assuming she wouldn't want to stay in those clothes she was wearing.

I grabbed the bag and followed Hotch down to the cars, "You know were going to come back, here right?" he says obviously questioning the travel bag in my hands, "It's for Adri, I assumed she wouldn't want to stay in whatever clothing she's in at the moment." That's if she was wearing any, no Derek you can't go there I thought to myself she was going to be fine like Hotch said she would be.

We were split into two SUV's me, Hotch and Prentiss in one and Reid, Prentiss and JJ in the other. I was thankful for being in this car as I knew Reid would be talking and it seemed as though I didn't have enough time to think in my room last night so I needed this extra time. I was thinking about what condition we would find her in would she be fine like she said she would be or would he have done horrid things to her, that we see every day in this job but when it's someone you know and are close to it means a lot more, it makes you want to try harder and be better for that person. To save them. Apart from Gideon and Hotch we all hadn't known Adri very long but I knew Garcia loved her and thought of her as a sister like she did with Prentiss and JJ along with Spencer, she had impacted him more than he Know's, she entertained his rambling because she genuinely found most of what he said interesting, but it was the fact that she could retain the information because she also had a high IQ like Reid.

I was jealous of him to begin with they just clicked so well because he finally had someone to relate with in some way, she looked at him in a brotherly way and I could tell it was always something she wanted, siblings.

Before I knew it, we had reached the police station in OX Town, I could tell why he would pick here not too big not too small, the perfect place to go around unnoticed. We walked into the station every officer available meeting us in the bull pen getting ready to be told what the plan was. "Adrianna is one of us, so caution must be taken. My team and me will go into the house with your chief to find Adrianna along with Marcus Santini. The only time a gun must be shot is if he fires first, we want him alive and if Adrianna is found we are to tend to her, she won't trust anyone new. Every other personnel will surround the house so if he tries to get away, he won't get very far." Hotch raps up and we all head to our cars putting on our vests, and I made sure to have her bag around me securely.

We pulled up to the house and it was deadly quiet and for some reason I did not like that.