Chapter 12.

Adrianna's POV.

Hotch had told the team to go straight to the police station so we could get ready to go get these little girls after we brief the officers at this station. Five minutes pasted and we arrived at the station and walked straight in meeting with the chief asking his men to get ready and to be ready to be briefed on the situation. The rest of the team arrived getting themselves ready with bullet proof vests and guns which bought back memories for me and I was mentally preparing myself for what we may find who I may meet in the process. I was knocked out the trance I was in by Gideon who was handing me a bullet proof vest along with a gun. I stared at them like he was mental "Adrianna I know you can use a gun and have an amazing shot with it and we'll need you one way or another either to talk to the girls because you can relate or..." he trailed off. I knew what he was saying either I'd have to talk to the girls which I was okay with because I never had someone to relate to, not even the therapists understood, or I was going to have to talk to Marcus.

I grabbed the things from him, placing the gun on the table while I tried to figure out how to put the vest on when Derek approached me "You need some help with that?" he questioned, smirking at me I just nodded saving my voice for the briefing. "Lift your arms" I did as I was told to which he slipped the vest over my head and started tightening it up in all the right places so it wouldn't slip or move, I felt like I couldn't breathe but I guess that was the point and as if reading my mind Derek asked, "Can you breathe?" still having his signature smirk on his face "No and who can you be smirking and joking around in this situation?" I throw back my question which turned his smirk into a full-on smile. To be honest I wasn't sure what we should be smiling about but it's Derek so who knows "It's a good thing you can't breathe means there's less chance you'll be shot and it's just my coping mechanism if I take things seriously, they get to me" he says calmly, he notices my gun on the table and went round the table to grab something. He came back with a gun holster two in his hand "Which one would you like a thigh one or a belt one" I thought about it and the thigh holster looked comfier so that's the one I chose. Derek showed me how to put it on and helped adjust it, so it didn't fall down my leg. I didn't flinch or feel nervous that he was touching me which was a first, since ever.

He stood up handing me my gun to put into the holster but before giving it me he hesitated "You do know how to use this right, I'm not going to be accidently shot" he half jokes, I smiled "I don't know Derek I mean I have a perfect shot, but I might purposely miss the shot just to shoot you" I smirked at his face. He handed me the gun gingerly "I'm trusting you baby girl please don't shoot me" the way my heart fluttered at the way he called me 'baby girl' was what I had always wanted from someone. I took the gun checking its ammo and putting the safety on and sticking it in the holster. Derek looked shocked to say the least.

We headed to the bull pen for the briefing to which Hotch started "You guys will just be stationed outside the house so if he tries to make a run for it he won't get very far. Me, Adri, Gideon will go through the front door while Morgan and Prentiss go through the back. We will not shoot at all he will not be shot unless he shoots firsts, I want him bought in. Adrianna is coming in as she may get him to talk if he decides he doesn't want to co-operate." Hotch finishes then I start "Marcus Santini I a dickhead to put it light terms, he will do anything to save his own ass even if it means putting a child in front of himself and if he does nobody is to shoot our top priority is to these girls home" I say until I'm interrupted by a woman with tears running down her face and a man close behind her "Are you going to bring my baby back?" she shouts as an officer tries to tell her to wait in the waiting room. I couldn't stand there and not talk to her so I walked over to her, Morgan following me.

She looked at me, knowing exactly who I am but I just waved the officer away, I told her to come into the conference room where we were getting ready before and asked the to take a seat. JJ came in bringing them a glass of water and sat next to them, "Are you going to get my baby back" she questioned JJ looked at me giving me a look that said choose your words wisely "Mrs. and Mr. Harrison, we are going to the location where we believe your daughter is and if she is there, we will try our hardest to bring her back safely, I know how she is feeling right now but she's not the only girl in the home we are going to" I say softly seeing Hotch grow irritated as we were wasting time "We have to get going but JJ is staying here so if you need anything please ask her" I say looking over to her, silently asking if that was okay to which she introduced herself.

Me and Derek left the room and loaded into the cars and drove to our location, ready to face my biggest fear.