Chapter 18.

Hotch's POV.

Morgan was upset, panicky and wasn't focusing on anything or anyone other than Adrianna. I believe Gideon did the right thing pair those two together but I'm not sure if he was trying to play matchmaker or yet, I'll have to ask him when we get back to Quantico. I loved Adri like a daughter so did Hayley and Jack thought of her like a sister, the sister he never had but from what she and Gideon told me about her kidnapping it wasn't pleasant, it may not have been so violent in the beginning, but the rape still happened she just didn't know it was wrong but towards the end he apparently tossed her around a bit, she was no stranger to a fractured wrist or bruised ribs, I'm just hoping she's okay.

Garcia had called telling us we had just had a call from the shop attendee telling us she left a note and confirmed she had been there. It just made me put my foot down on the gas some more hoping to gain some time and distance. We arrived and nobody was there apart from us and the shop attendee. "Hello, I'm SSA Aaron Hotchner and this is SSA Jason Gideon" I introduced ourselves, I had sent the other to check the toilets and the surrounding area. "I'm Lucas, I'm really glad you guys came you're who she told me to give this to" he said shakily handing us the note. I unfolded it, she'd folded it small I'm assuming so Marcus wouldn't see it, as I read it through, she sounded sure of herself and calm like she had a plan and like she was hoping we would catch onto the plan. "Can you tell us everything that happened?" Gideon asked the young man, me skimming through the letter again before I returned my attention to them "Well..." he said stopping, thinking about what he was going to say "She came in walking straight to the notebooks and pens picking up a pack of 5 pens and a single notebook, while she was doing that, I know this might be a bit inappropriate, but she grabbed her card from her bra before walking over to me trying to be quick, I think so the man in the car outside didn't notice. She bought the stuff with her card but then handed me this change, I didn't touch it really not knowing if you guys needed it for evidence or something, but then she told me her plan and asked for the toilet key while hiding her book and a single pen in her pocket, before walking to the toilet. I saw her on the TV, so I started to freak a little and she noticed" I smiled, "Yes she is very vigilant" I mumble cutting him off "Sorry carry on" he nodded "She told me not to panic she looked so calm as if she had done this before but if she knows you guys, I'm guessing she's got good training, when she returned she handed me the key and the note giving me the instructions not to call you guys until they'd pulled away."

Taking in all the information, she was playing smart she had managed to get where they were heading to making it easier for us, she was playing to his will so he wouldn't hurt her but I'm questioning why he let her buy pens and paper. "Thank you" I say before turning away a striding towards all the others. "What did the note say?" Morgan jumped at the opportunity to ask, I knew he felt like a sitting duck not being able to help her, but we were just in the way she wants, and he's not used to that yet. I read out the note then giving it to Reid to try and find out if she was forced to do it by her handwriting, I knew it was hers already. What are we still doing here if we know where she is" Morgan said already running to the SUV, "Morgan" I shouted using the commanding voice that didn't come out very often, he halted in his spot turning to face her "We are going to head back to the station, tell everyone what we found while communicating with the police station in that town, they will discreetly place alternating undercover officers outside. We are going to travel there in the morning" Morgan, Spencer and Prentiss looked at me as if I'd just grown three heads "All due respect Hotch but waiting until morning seems the wrong decision, that guy raped, beat, you name it that girl and you want to leave her there over night with him Hotch, are you mad?" his voice raising an octave, I also noticed he called her a girl meaning he's starting to retract his feelings not wanting to believe she's gone.

"Morgan, she asked us to this, she has a plan, she knows how to survive one night with him" I said calmly, the rest of them nodding in agreement.