Chapter 14.

Adrianna's POV.

As we drove to the warehouse all I could think about was everything that could go wrong and how I just wanted to be wrapped up in Derek's arms again like last night, and I don't know why I am thinking it because it's not like we could date or anything, I'm not enough for Derek. Then my thoughts drifted to how I felt when Gideon saved me and how I was reluctant towards my parents, it's not like I didn't like them, I did but they expected me to know who they were, and I just didn't, and they tried in so many ways to get me to remember but there just wasn't anything to remember. My brain consisted of Marcus and how he had raised me, I actually had a really high IQ and Marcus saw potential in that while my parents tried sending me back to school but I had passed my SATs, it's one thing Marcus was always strict about, how many schooling hours I had done he always said "Everything in life can be taken away from you in life apart from your knowledge" I guess that's one thing that stuck with me because I still study and school myself even if it's not academic stuff, Marcus also taught me how to play the piano and paired with my voice he'd have me sing and play every night, I loved it as a child because I was the center of his attention.

I pulled up to the warehouse and we all jumped out our guns drawn immediately. A group of police officers went around to the side door and we all waled in splitting up into groups of twos. Me and Derek were walking down a narrow passageway that was lined with machinery on one side when I heard a sniffle. I left Derek to go check it out only to find Lila on the floor sobbing, I ran up to her "Hi Lila, my name's Adrianna, do you know where Marcus is?" I questioned she nodded and pointed behind me. I turned around slowly my gun in my hand raised at him "It's nice to see you again Adrianna, Lila come to me" and before I could grab her, she ran to him.

He tutted "I'm disappointed in you Ads, thought you'd be faster considering the whole self-defense classes and stuff, but I'll make you a deal you for the girl" my face dropped, I had to do it, to save this little girl I had to go back with that monster. I nodded my head "On one condition Marcus, I get to tell her one sentence to help her get out of here" he gently pushed her to me "Hey Lila I need you to take this" and I handed her my gun "and find an agent Derek Morgan and tell him I'm sorry he couldn't keep his promise" can you do that for me she nodded and ran off. While Marcus came and grabbed my arm, not roughly but enough for it to bruise and pushed me to a side door where there was a car waiting for him.

He placed me in the passenger side that had a child lock on it, I already knew this. He told me to take my bullet proof vest off and chucked it behind the car and got in the driver's and pressed on the gas leaving a cloud of dust behind us. I stared out the window tears threatening to spill, "Aww baby please don't cry we can have a better life now, no more cops we can settle down and I can buy you that pony you always wanted when you were little and you can sing to me again and please me like you used to" I cringed at that, I noticed that sentence everything he said would benefit him in some way or another.