Chapter 22.

Derek's POV.

Prentiss, Gideon and Sheriff Brooksby took the back door while me, Reid and Hotch took the front door while the rest of the officers stood in front of the house with their gun drawn taking cover behind their car doors. Hotch kicked the door open while me and Reid entered quickly Hotch following us. Looking around the whole of the entrance I made my way towards the second floor with Hotch and Reid considering the others had the downstairs covered.

At the top of the stairs, it was basically a long hallway with three doors, I'm assuming two bedrooms and a bathroom. I opened the first door for Reid who deemed it clear, it was the bathroom, meaning Adri was in one of these next rooms unless we had been bluffed. The next door was already open so Hotch cleared that room, one more left.

Reid opened the door, and I was left looking at a scene I did not want to witness. Adri was passed out on the bed, wrists tied to the bed frame, without any clothes on. I knew I shouldn't have waited. I could see the already forming bruises on her body, along with the cut on her cheek, she also had cuts on her torso most likely inflicted with a knife. It looked as though she was dead and that thought shook me out of my head.

I ran towards her putting my gun back in its holster, I placed the thin blanket that was on the bed over her to cover her body. As much as I wanted to see her naked, I did not want it to be in this situation. Reid was stood staring at her "Kid stop staring" I yelled slightly, which caused him to look down and embarrassed look coming onto his face. My voice must have awakened Adri a little as she shifted, I cut her free from the rope around her wrists, already seeing the bruising formed to a deep purple, with hints of yellow and green they wouldn't be going away any time soon.

"Adri, Hunny I need you to wake up for me. I know you're tired and I am so unbelievably proud of you for fighting so hard, but I need you to wake up." I spoke in a gentle voice, I wanted her to know it was me and not the monster she spent last night with unwillingly. She groaned; her eyes fluttering open, they didn't have the sparkle in them I saw in the gym they were dull and lifeless. "D-Derek" she stuttered, I nodded my head before she launched herself into my arms and started sobbing. "It's okay baby, he's not going to hurt you now that we're here, he's gone" I tried to comfort her. I knew the team wanted to see her, but I couldn't ask her to just stop crying, "Come on baby girl let's get some clothes on you" and like that it's just as though she noticed she was naked and looked at her body her eyes filling with tears again. I took the bag off my body and she looked inside to see the clothes I had packed and hugged me again whispering a thank you in my ear.

She had insisted I stay in the room while she get changed but turn round so, I couldn't see her, and I feel like it's because she's ashamed of her body now that he's done this to her. It is common in rape victims for them to feel guilty like it was their fault and that they don't like their body, like it's somehow been tainted. She tapped on my shoulder telling me to turn around. Her hair was all over the place and the mascara stains down her cheeks along with the cut on her cheek. I guided her down the stairs to see the house now empty, so I guided her outside to be met with a Marcus Santini smirking as he saw Adrianna, it just made my grip tighten on her waist. He was driving back with Prentiss and Gideon back to where we found the girls. Adri had to be checked out by the ambulance people but before I could take her there, she ran over to Hotch wrapping her arms around his waist with him wrapping his arms around her tightly. It was like she thought of Hotch as a more fatherly figure than Gideon even though he saved her the first time.

I could she her body start to shake as sobs wrecked through her body her knees eventually giving out and Hotch having to hold her up. He managed to pick her up bridal style, which must have been easy considering she was only small. He walked her over to the ETM's and sat her on the bed, her face still buried into his chest. The sight made me jealous as I wanted to be Hotch in that situation, but I was happy and glad that she was safe and back with her family. "You saved her" Prentiss spoke from next to me "Although she's with Hotch right now, she's thankful for you, she'll just need time. Hotch and Gideon have already shared this with her it's why she trusts them more" what Emily said made sense I just wished it to be me and I know that's selfish of me, but I couldn't help thinking it.

"I know Prentiss. You didn't see how he'd left her; all I can think about is how if we'd come earlier this wouldn't have happened" I spoke regret lacing my voice. Emily nodded in understanding and left it at that walking away to where Marcus was standing with Gideon, I knew if I went over there, I would hurt him, so I needed to put as much distance between us all.

I walked over to her and Hotch, to see her mumbling to her and I could hear him telling her it's not her fault. "Are we ready to go?" I questioned, Hotch lifted Adri off the bed guiding her to the back of the carto sit in the middle seat "You're driving" Hotch said throwing the keys. JJ got into the passenger side while Reid and Hotch sat either side of her. I checked the side mirrors to see Prentiss guiding Marcus to the back of their car in cuffs, while Gideon was already sat in the driver's seat. I could see Adri leaning her head on Hotch's shoulder her eyes closing before I pulled off the curb and getting ready to drive for another 3 hours.