Chapter 10.

Derek's POV.

Once I left her room, I felt completely flustered that girl, no woman had managed to get under my skin, she had me wrapped around her pinkie finger as well she just didn't know it. I decided to have a shower, turning around to look at Adri again she was already fast asleep I can't imagine how difficult this is for her, it must be like reliving her childhood but from an outside perspective, I grabbed a towel along with some joggers and boxers and headed to the bathroom. I turned the hot water on and stood under it just allowing the water to run over me while my mind drifted to a certain lady in the next room.

She looked so innocent sleeping like she had the perfect life, no worries and an amazing family but she had none of those things. She drove me crazy, she was so mysterious, I had so many questions but when even 1 got answered 10 more appeared it's like it was never ending. The fact that she managed to take me down showed that she was strong physically and a massive turn on but for some reason mentally she didn't seem as strong although she put up this front that she was. I know she had asked me not to profile her and I tried but sometimes she just had this look that screamed 'someone help me' and I couldn't help but build a little bit of a profile on her. This was pathetic of me I was here to work on a case, a big case that cost a lot of little girls their innocence and lives but here I am trying to get rid of my little crush on some girl that was way out of my league, Gideon even said she couldn't be what I needed, but what did he mean by that because if he meant she couldn't physically be what I needed I couldn't care any less about that. From what I've learnt from her so far is that she puts others before herself, she's funny when she's not having to deal with her past, I learnt that when we were in her gym, she's absolutely stunning and that once she trusts she fully trusts and if you break that you most likely won't get it back.

Once I'd finished in the shower, I wrapped the towel round my waist and proceeded to moisturize and shave the stubble that had appeared on my chin along with brushing my teeth. I changed into my boxers and joggers deciding I was too warm for a t-shirt. I waked out the bathroom and placed all the photos on the bed looking for any sort of connection but it was already solved, the only thing that wasn't was where he was going next or where he currently is and according to the time map, he was about to take his next victim tomorrow, which would mean a quick move out to where she was taken.

Suddenly, there was a scream come from Adrianna's room, to which I turned a sprinted to her doorway, she was in bed screaming obviously having a nightmare. I walked up to her a shook her slightly waking her up, but she was crying and panting hard trying to get as much air into her lungs as possible, soon she realized it was me and flung her arms around my neck her head burrowing into my chest, crying and sobbing into it. I wrapped my arms around her slowly standing and sitting on the bed holding her close allowing her to let it all out.

After about 5 minutes of this she lifted her head and wiped her tears while chuckling which through me off, me giving her a funny look "Your chest is soaking" she says while trying to stop the tears from free flowing again. I rolled my eyes "I don't care Adri, all I care about is that you're okay, do you want to talk about it?" Throwing the offer out there I didn't actually think she'd nod. "I was back in Marcus's house, back to when he did things to me, I'm guessing you can think what they were from the story I gave you guys back in the conference room. When I was little, I thought it was okay and normal what he was doing to me, for goodness sack I lost my virginity at 6, that's no way for a child to live and I don't wish it upon anyone. When I turned 16, I started to realize what he was doing wasn't right and started to fight back." She had to pause to compose herself, I just sat there and listened to her while rubbing her back doing the best to comfort her while she was lay with her head on my chest "It only made it worse, for me anyway, he loved it, it only played into his problem, addiction, obsession. He also started beating me because I tried escaping, meaning no more bedroom or food I became the girls he took. You know once I started fighting back, he stopped taking them as if my fight gave him all the pleasure, he needed. I guess maybe if I'd done it sooner, I could've saved a lot more girls, so many girls lost their lives because of me. You know if he needed a release but couldn't be arsed to deal with the fight, he'd drug me with a neuromuscular blocking agent, meaning I could feel and see everything he was doing I just couldn't move a muscle to fight" she concluded.

Her eyes were watering again but she just wiped them away as if they were never there and looked up at me. I looked at her, it was a lot to take in she just told me the personal side to her story or at least half of it, I used my thumb to wipe away a tear that escaped and just replied with "Those girls dying was not your fault and I'm sorry you went through that but he's never going to hurt you again, I promise you that, over my dead body will he ever lay hands on you again and if he does I'll put a bullet between his eyes" I threatened, she seemed surprised with my possessiveness but I meant it.

We lay there for 20 minutes before she drifted off again, I began to get up leaving to go into my own room when I heard Adri whisper "Please stay, I need someone with me" that's all I needed to hear to stay so I lay back down my arms wrapped around her not letting her go while she slept with her head on my chest.