Chapter 31.

Adrianna's POV.

We arrived back at the BAU and reintroduced Lila to her family. It was incredible to watch, I know my reunion was nothing like that but watching her parents scoop her into a big hug made me wish I had something like that with my parents, however I held too much resentment and hatred towards them. I know it wasn't their fault I spent 15 years with the man, but they did stop looking for me, they told me that the police had said I was dead after two years, I'm just extremely grateful that Gideon connected a lot of dots that a lot of other cops didn't see. Speaking of Gideon, I hadn't spoken to him yet which I found weird, but I was going to leave it alone because maybe he needed some time to process what happened as well.

I walked into the break room to make a cup of tea to see a Dr. Spencer Reid following me. They all had to finish the paperwork and Hotch insisted I stay for dinner which would lead to me spending the night because I couldn't say no to Jack. "Dr, is there a reason for you following me in here?" I said in a half-jokingly manner, I didn't mind actually it was better than being alone. "W-well" he stuttered due him being caught out I'd caught him following me "I wanted to ask if you are okay?" his tone being kind and sympathetic which I Kinda didn't like, I didn't want sympathy I wanted to be treated like I always have been like a normal human being. I knew that was all going to change though, in all fairness it was my fault I put myself in that position.

"I'm fine Spencer thank you for checking up on me" I said trying to convince him, I didn't know if I was fine or not yet, I wasn't completely sure if it had fully sunk in yet. I mean all I had really done since Derek untied me from that bed was cry and sleep. "Statistically speaking Adri, more than 75% of people who say they are 'fine' are actually not, more than half of them being women" Spencer rambled, it was cute when he did this, I feel like I had found a brother in the young doctor. "Spencer, I'm not fine but I'm not ready to talk about it so can we both just pretend I am" I semi shouted at him "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap" I mumbled a sob escaping my lips, Jesus I'm crying again.

Spence pulled me into a hug allowing me to wrap my arms around his waist. "It's okay Adri, I don't blame you. Let it all out" he replied while running his hand up and down my back trying to comfort me as much as possible. I pulled away when I realized my tea was done, I picked up my mug adding milk and sugar and stirring it in. I felt better confiding in Spence and I knew he wouldn't tell the team because he was good at keeping secrets, I learnt that when he didn't tell the team about me the first time, I met them.

I decided to sit with Derek, us talking, giggling and making jokes at each other while I waited for Hotch to finish his paperwork so we could go back his house. I did miss Jack he was just a big beacon of light and had everything I wished so I lived vicariously through him. Jack loved it when I watched superhero movies and cartoons with him, and to be honest they weren't all that bad, so I didn't mind.

Gideon walked up to me holding a notebook, "I found this at the house by the Keyboard thought you wouldn't want such a beautiful song to go to waist, please don't stop writing Adri" he said handing me the notebook and walking back to his office. It was the notebook that held the song I wrote and sung to Marcus. "I want to hear you sing that sometime" Derek says a smirk on his face. I shook my head I didn't know if I wanted to continue to write and sing, I mean this notebook saved my life so maybe someday I will fill it. "No, you don't. It's not a nice song" my voice low nearly a whisper.