Chapter 53.

Hi guys, I'm sorry for not updating the book in so long. College was hetic and then i broke my laptop but here's the new chapter. I will try and get back to my normal uploading schedule now it summer holiday.

XOXO.

Adrianna's POV.

Derek said he had to go into work today to finish off some paperwork for some previous cases. I told him I would be fine with Zena who hadn't left me alone all day obviously sensing something was wrong. I think my plan for today would just be to go see Jack then go to the gym and see how that's doing, considering I hadn't been in it for about 11 months.

I had sent messages to all my clients telling them to basically find a new gym but in a more polite way and I had some reluctance from some of them more so the younger girls that come in learning to protect themselves. I completely understand them wanting to learn from a woman and if they know my background, I understand why they'd pick me, I have more than enough reasons to know more than the average person. I think I'm going to start training and teaching again, get back to my roots for a while, still see everyone from the BAU but not work there anymore, I need some time away from psychopaths.

Me and Zena had walked to Aaron's new apartment where Hayley's sister Jessica had been taking care of Jack when Hotch has to work. Walking into the apartment Zena went and sniffed everyone out and within seconds I had Jack running full force towards me and grabbing onto my legs in a hug. I picked him up and hugged him closely remembering the memory with Foyet, I've vowed to myself that nothing bad will ever happen to Jack, ever. Jessica at that moment turns around the corner and walks up to greet me in a hug.

"Hey, are you and Jack doing anything today?" I ask, my voice full of hope and considering it was a Saturday he didn't have school. "Ummmmm, no. What did you have in mind?" I can still sense the sadness and grief she feels that she does a good job from hiding from Jack.

"I thought we could bake some brownies then go deliver them to your dad and the others" I say putting out the idea to which Jack immediately nods his head and wiggles out of my hold and runs to the kitchen. "I guess that's a yes".

We put some music on and spend a good hour and a half just making the batter due to Jack messing around with the different ingredients most of them ending on me. After putting the batter in the oven and cleaning up the kitchen we changed Jacks clothes and surprisingly Jessica was clean not one pit of flour on her. I decided to just change into one of Aarons shirts, a denim blue one to be exact that I'd never seen him wear. I left the top three buttons open and did the rest up and just dusted off my jeans. I put my hair in a messy bun and then heard the timer for the brownies to get out of the oven.

We placed the brownies in a nice tub and decided to drive to the building. Walking in everyone obviously knew who I was but I couldn't decipher whether they were staring at me because of that I was wearing or over what happened. Walking into the elevator I pressed the number 6.

When the doors opened, I saw everyone at their desks doing paperwork. Jack ran ahead with one of the tubs of Brownies because we made so many, we needed two tubs. Everyone's head turned up to see who was struggling to open the door to then see me pull it open. I smiled at everyone while Jack ran straight to Aaron's office. Penelope as always had to have the first hug "Did you bring us treats?" she asks her voice giddy and hopeful. I nodded and she made grabby hands to the box which I gave her and ran off. I walked past Derek and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking over to Spencer and giving him a long hug. I had missed Spencer a lot he was like my younger/twin sibling who made an exception to me being able to hug him.

He takes a brownie out the box Penelope was brining round and tried it humming in delight "I have missed your cooking" he says a little sarcastically, "Well Agent Reid, I'm glad you missed something about me" I say joking with him.

"You know I missed you a whole load and it's Dr not Agent" his sassiness shining through his awkward exterior, "Sorry Dr" I reply before walking over to Derek and sit on his lap while waving at Alex. I just snuggle into Derek and bask in his warmth for a moment.