Chapter 49.

Adrianna's POV.

I woke up again to hear Derek's talking to someone else. Opening my eyes, I saw it was a nurse who looked to be having an argument with him. "D-Derek" I mumbled, my voice hoarse from the lack of water but, it was loud enough for him and the nurse to hear me. The nurse skuttled off somewhere, probably to find a doctor.

Derek came over and handed me a glass of water, which I drank all of it in a matter of seconds. I moved my pillows to get comfier while sitting up and looked at Derek, "How long have I been out?" I asked, he looked tired and distressed, I was wondering where the rest of the team was, but they still had a job to do. His answer was easy, simple, like he'd been counting the days "five months".

I'd missed so much, so much had probably happened and I'd not been there. Then I remembered what happened to Hayley and tears sprung to my eyes again, I'd missed her funeral. Derek seemed to have caught on, he was always able to read me like an open book, "It's okay baby, she's resting and in a better place, Jack comes by every day after school and does his homework, just thinking your sleeping, Hotch is recovering slowly and now he has you back he'll be a lot happier the whole team -" he cut off his sentence which made me worried.

"W-what is it, Derek?" I ask my voice still not reliable enough to form a sentence without stuttering, "Well, Emily she left she went to England to work with Interpol again" that made me smile actually, I knew she wanted to go back that the BAU was becoming a bit much for her, this happening must have tipped her over the edge and made her decision easier.

"I'm happy for her, what about everyone else? You've not told them I've woke up again, have you?" I asked rushed, kind of excited that I'd get to see my family again, although not complete. "No, I haven't told them, I'll let you do that. Penelope is great, she was so scared when you were first in here, that we'd be on a case when you'd wake up, so she worked from in here before we created the rota of who stays behind, she also stress bakes a lot. Spencer has been good; he misses you I know that he's not had the mischievous side to him since you've been sleeping. Emily obviously is in England. JJ is good she brings Henry with her quite a bit, and become an profiler instead of our communication liaison. Even Rossi misses you, I know you wriggled your way into his heart even if you didn't want to. This new profiler she good, Alex Blake." he finished, I took in all the new information when the doctor walked in.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Wilson, but call me Clyde" he held a clipboard in his hand while putting on some rubber gloves, I shuffled closer to Derek. "Are you in any pain at the moment?" he asked, I could tell he was trying to stay stoic but I could tell he looked hurt by me moving away, I shook my head, no, and went to take a step closer when he saw my face and decided against it, at least he was considerate. I didn't know why I was acting this way, maybe just that I don't know these people but they've known me for 5 months it kinda feels like a stalker case or just the fact that they could hurt me at any moment. "You came in here with 5 stab wounds, two to the lower abdomen, one that went straight through your lung, another in your left shoulder and right leg. They have all healed now, which is why you felt no pain yesterday which I heard was a lot of excitement for your nurse" his sarcastic comment wasn't really needed but I know he was trying to lighten the mood. "We were just waiting for you to wake up and by the looks of your monitors, everything seems to be fine. Now I do have some news to tell you, I'm not sure if you'd like Agent Morgan to be here or not" he waited an answer, and I guess me grabbing Derek's hand was enough to say I wanted him here, "From where you were stabbed through the abdomen, it did clip and it's very rare this happens because the female body protects it so much, but the knife did clip one of your ovaries which means if you did want kids it becomes a little bit harder for that to happen" he finished.

My face remained the same I knew I couldn't have kids before I got stabbed "That's not news to me Doctor, I couldn't have kids before I got stabbed so it doesn't matter, my body is basically scar tissue which is not a good or safe environment for a baby to live for nine months" I say my voice never wavering "When can I leave?" just then a knock at the door was heard then I saw Jack come in with a sad face not noticing I was awake with a school book.

"Why the sad face buddy?" I asked, his head snapped towards me before he ran to me and jumped on the bed, laying on top of me his breath tickling my neck as his face snuggled into my neck. I hugged him tight, missing him so much and thanking God he was safe and glad Foyet didn't get to him. I saw Jessica in the door and she about to tell him to get off of me but I held a hand up telling her it was okay, "You can leave later today if you wish miss" the doctor answered my question from earlier.

"I'll go get you some clothes, is Jack okay to stay here?" Jessica asked, I nodded "Oh don't tell anyone I'm awake, will you?" she smirked knowing I had something in mind, then left.

"I missed you so much buddy" I whispered to Jack, he sat up slightly to look at me and I saw the tears in his eyes, "No, no Jack don't cry I'm okay, nothing bad is ever going to happen to me again okay, we got to be strong for mom, okay?" I say and he nods, I wipe off the tears from his face, "I missed you a lot sissy, I tried waking you up like I normally do but nothing worked so Derek helped me read comic books to you" he sounded so happy, I just wished it was Hayley waking up instead of me.

Jessica came back half an hour later, with a black t-shirt and a pair of grey joggers. I changed and the doctor came in with the papers for me to fill out, while I was filling them out "I have a question?" I questioned it was an important one to me, "Shoot, go ahead" he sounded shocked I started a conversation "when was the last time you gave me drugs. What were they? And why?" he looked taken back by such a question.

"Your whole team was insistent on you not having any that weren't absolutely necessary, after your wounds healed we took you off the morphine that was 3 months ago and they were just for the pain" I looked at him and smiled "Thank you" I said and handed him the clipboard and walked over to Jack and picked him up although the doctor said I should stay away from anything strenuous and grabbed Derek's hand, demanding he take me to the office to see Penelope and the team were coming home tonight as well.