Chapter 11.

Adrianna's POV.

I awoke to my phone ringing on the nightstand where it was charging, but what was even weirder was that my head was on Derek's chest with his arms wrapped around me and his head facing mine his chin resting upon the top of my head. Then I remembered what happened last night, but I didn't regret telling him which was a first. He was warm and I felt safe and well rested for the first time since I was rescued. My phone started to ring again so I picked it up noticing it was Hotch, my eyes went wide when I looked at the time, it was 10:30AM, shit. I answered the phone call ready to get an ear full of Hotch "Adrianna, where the hell are you and Morgan, neither of you answering your phone, late for work, do you think this is how Gideon found you by sleeping in with his co-workers..." he realized what he said, and I felt heartbroken that he'd use myself against me "we'll be right in" I said ending the call not hearing what he was trying to say on the other end. I sat up noticing the rogue tear falling down my cheek, I quickly swiped it away turning to Derek "Hey Derek we need to get up we're late" at that he was up immediately "What time is it?" he asked me in that husky morning voice it was kinda hot I'm not going to lie. "10:30" I replied quickly getting up and picking up a black knitted jumper and a pair of black jeans along with some underwear and made my way to the bathroom.

Considering there was no time for a shower I brushed my teeth, tied my hair up and got dressed and walked out to see Derek waiting for me. I grabbed my phone shoving it into my back pocket and grabbing my small backpack, that carried just my wallet. We walked to the car and got in not saying a word to each other until he broke the silence "I'm glad you told me about you last night and if you regret telling me please just tell me" he spoke calmly. This made me want to cry because it wasn't because me telling him that made me upset, it was what Hotch said because him and Gideon knew I hadn't done it with anyone since I was rescued because every time, I tried I freaked out and the man left me crying normally. So, what I felt when Hotch said that was if I had done it with Derek he wouldn't approve because we are currently working together and that he'd think I'd do that when there's a girl in my situation. I shook my head "I don't regret telling you anything or sleeping in that bed with you because that's the best sleep I've had in 7 years, it's just something Hotch said on the phone this morning" I spoke quietly. We pulled up to the police station and walked into the room we were set up in, sitting down at the table, Spencer handed me a tea to which I thanked him.

Hotch and Gideon walked into the room Hotch's eyes immediately finding me. Our eyes met and I looked away quickly making it known to him I was upset at what he said. He walked to the room and said, "A new girl Carla Harrison was just taken from walking home from school that fits our MO, we're going to drive there so pick up your things from the hotel and meet at the precinct there." Everyone got up and filed out the door when I felt Hotch grab my elbow if I didn't know it was him, he'd be on his ass right now, I should put him there just for that comment earlier. I shut the door turning to face him "I'm sorry Adrianna, I wasn't thinking about what I was saying and-" he trailed off, I shook my head this was a pathetic excuse of an apology "No Hotch you knew exactly what that comment would do to me, you knew that if I did have sex with him, which I didn't by the way, that comment would make me feel guilty about it and that's not fair on me Hotch." I paused "You know how hard it is for me and you basically said if it happened with one of your co-workers that you wouldn't be happy for me, that you wouldn't be happy for me moving on from what that monster did to me" another tear escaped and I wiped it off my cheek, I felt like lately all I had done is cry and I didn't like it. Hotch pulled me into a hug apologizing profusely before telling me we needed to get to the new town.

While in the SUV driving, I decided to give Penelope a call "Office of supreme genius puzzle solver. Do you have a riddle for me?" I always loved how Penelope answered the phone "Hey Penelope, I need a favor" I said to which she hummed, I heard her pulling herself towards what I was assuming is her desk in the bat cave as the team called it, "I need you to search all the houses up for rent in the town we are going to" Hotch looked at me asking me to put it on speaker "You're on speaker Penelope so behave" she giggled "Or what you'll spank me" I smiled and rolled my eyes while Hotch looked severely disturbed "Okay I found 12 houses up for rent in the area 10 of which are currently off the market" I nodded sounded about right. Okay now to narrow it down "Take away all the houses that don't have a basement, wine cellar or storm shelter" I asked, and my wish was her command "I found three" she said to which I smiled, we were getting somewhere "okay Pen now which is the latest to be taken off the market and who is renting it?" I asked hoping there would be a hopeful answer "The newest house was taken off the market two weeks ago and the man living in it is a Matthew Stanley" she said taking a pause "I've ran a through his profile but that's the thing there isn't one. Do you think this is our guy?" she asks. I'm grateful we've found him "Penelope Garcia you are my Guardian Angel I love you" to which she giggles and ends the call. I turned to Hotch who nodded at me with a smirk on his face.