Chapter 9.

Adrianna's POV.

We were heading to the hotel in two SUV's one with me Hotch and Gideon and another with Derek, Spencer, Emily and JJ in. I didn't really want to be alone tonight, but I knew they didn't do shared rooms but maybe the hotel did the rooms with a door to the next room "Hey, Gideon can I have someone close by tonight like maybe a room with a door into another's room" I spoke trying to keep my voice from wavering, but it was difficult. I saw the sad smile appear on his face; he's been profiling me all the time making sure I'm not on the verge of a mental breakdown, which I think I am but whether it would happen is another thing "Your room is actually attached to Derek's, is that okay?" he questioned, I mean I was hoping for Hotch or Gideon someone who knew about my nightmares. But I just nodded, knowing maybe letting another person into my life wouldn't be a bad thing, it would just be hard but whoever said the hardest things are usually the best is probably a smart person.

We entered the hotel and Hotch gave us all a key, so I headed to my room but before I turned the corner, I saw Gideon talking to Derek, probably just filling him in I thought. I got to my room and it was like any other hotel, double bed, white sheets, complementary towels and a shower bath combo. Considering Gideon didn't give me time to shower once he picked me up that's what I decided I'd do first. I unlocked the door that led to Derek's leaving it open, then grabbed a towel and my toiletries and headed into the shower.

Once I'd washed my hair, and the sweat off my body I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out the bathroom. I brushed my hair while still in the towel considering my hair dried fairly quickly and then through a large t-shirt over the towel and allowed it to drop. I hadn't noticed that Derek had opened his door and was stood in the doorway, as I reached over to grab a pair of under which happened to be my favorite Victoria's secret pair, however as I leant over the t-shirt rode up so you could see the bottom of my bum hanging out. I put the underwear on and turned around and screamed a little when I saw Derek smirking, when I realized he'd been there the whole time. "You put on a nice show Adrianna" he spoke smoothly along with a teasing tone, I blushed, God why am I blushing I couldn't even reply to him my mouth just hung open like a fish gasping for air. He walked up to me and stood in front looking down at me, admiring even. I stuttered to find a reply "Ummm - no – Wha-What are you doing in here" he had me flustered. His smirk grew even bigger knowing he had gotten to me "Well Gideon told me to keep an eye on you I didn't realize it came with a show," actually screw being flustered "You should not have been in here while I was changing, that's a complete violation of privacy" he shook his head mocking me, so I decided to have my own fun. I stepped away from him walking towards my door "Where are you going?" His voice ricocheted throughout the room causing to halt a smirk appearing on my own face "Oh I'm just going to tell Gideon you've made me feel uncomfortable by not respecting my personal space along with privacy," I swear I saw him start to sweat a little before he ran towards me and picked me up over his shoulder and carrying me back to the bed where he placed me down gently and hovered over me. "Please don't tell Gideon, I'll leave just don't tell him and especially don't tell Hotch I don't want to be out of a job" he joked however I don't think it was meant to be.

"I don't think it would put you out of a job Derek" I spoke smoothly with an innocence to my voice, he shook his head smiling "That's what makes you so perfect, you don't realize how much power you have over them, they may be grown ass men, but you have them wrapped around your pinkie finger." I didn't realize any of that to me Hotch and Gideon were family, the only real family I have. I mean I have my birth family, but we don't really get each other, all I can think when I'm around them is that they didn't try hard enough to find me where Gideon put all his effort and time into finding me. And Hotch his family was exactly what I want, I'm jealous of Jack a little bit, I know Haley and Jack miss Aaron when he's gone and when's at work but it's more than I ever had.

I apologized to Derek and he went into his own room but left both doors open just in case I needed him, he was sweet and thoughtful, someone I could maybe let into my life. I pulled the covers up to my chin and started to drift to sleep.