Chapter 54.

Adrianna's POV.

1 year later.

The past year has been normal. Well what normal is to me. I woke up to Derek, walked Zena to the gym, taught my lessons and worked out, went home then maybe met up with the team. Other days I would see Jack other days I wouldn't, but he's grown up so much it hurts a little to watch. Jack keeps talking about this girl at school I think he has a crush on, but he says she's just a friend much like Aaron and his new lady friend. He's said a few things about her like how they met but says it's nothing serious.

When Hayley's one year anniversary came around it was hard but not as hard as her birthday when we lit a candle on a candle for her and Jack blew it out for her, then fed it to Zena which he giggled at so I didn't mind much because that whole week I hadn't seen a smile on his face, but I can't blame him.

I stayed away from cases the team were working, I didn't want anything to do with them. Somewhere in me wanted to help them but I knew as soon as I did, I'd be sucked into the crime fighting world again and It's not like I didn't want that, but I kept telling myself I wasn't ready. I think in all honesty I was scared. Scared I'd make enemies worse than Marcus or Foyet, one that I couldn't beat. One that might go after the people I love most rather than me and I'd not be able to protect them.

Me and Derek have been great, we rarely argue the only massive argument we had was about my biological parents. He wanted to meet them and knew how I viewed them as just the people who birthed me then used my disappearance as an excuse to get slightly famous. But I compromised and we had dinner at their house which ended in me and my mum having a fight. My dad was always more sympathetic and didn't agree with what my mum did my disappearance but never told her to back off. I had also met Derek's mom a few more times along with his sisters and they treated me like family right from the get-go, I had girl talks with them which is something that had never happened before but then again, I never really befriended females.

But everything in my life was finally starting to come together and I felt happy for the first time in a long time.