Chapter 32

Schlatt's POV

I caught Brooklyn right before she hit the floor. "What have you gotten yourself into this time?" I whispered to her, knowing she couldn't hear me. I definitely wasn't expecting to see her like this. I wasn't expecting to see her at all but now here I was, carrying her through the crowded house and into a bedroom upstairs.

I laid her down on the bed and texted Rebecca to get her some cold water. Becca seemed worried but I told her I would explain once she came upstairs. I sat on the bed next to Brooklyn as I waited for her to wake up. There was so much I wanted to say to her, I wanted to apologize and explain myself. I shouldn't have told her but she at least deserved to know why I did. Still, I couldn't help but think of how beautiful she looked right now. She was wearing the hottest red dress and had her hair perfectly curled. Red was definitely her color.

My head jolted towards the door as I heard it open. "There you are!" Minx shouted as she walked in. I shushed her to keep her from waking Brooklyn up. "My bad," she quietly said as she shut the door. She placed the glass of water down before sitting on the bed. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah," I told her. "She just had a little too much to drink."

"A little? She's passed out!" Minx shouted.

"We just have to wait for her to wake up," I said.

We chatted for a few minutes but Minx eventually went back downstairs to the party. I waited for a little longer until I saw Brooklyn start to shift around in the bed. I watched as she started to rub her eyes and wake up.

"Brooklyn?" I whispered to get her attention.

"Schlatt?" She sounded shocked.

I grabbed the glass of water and handed it to her, "drink this."

"What happened?" She asked after taking a small sip.

"You just drank too much, drink more water."

I watched her put her hand on her head. "My head hurts like hell," she groaned.

"No kidding," I chuckled. "You totally blacked out," she clearly didn't remember what happened.

"Where's Rebecca?" She asked.

"I was expecting a thank you but," I joked.

"Where is she?"

"She went back downstairs," I told her. Brooklyn tried to get up and almost fell but I caught her before she did. "Where are you going?"

"I need to go home,"

"Like this? Come back to the Airbnb, I'll help you sober up." I told her.

"With Wil?" She laughed, "no way."

"What have you told him?" I asked her. Brooklyn and I haven't had the chance to talk about everything so I had no idea how she felt. I didn't tell anyone besides Minx but I had no idea if Brooklyn kept it a secret, as well.

"I haven't told him anything," Brooklyn told me as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Then what's the problem?"

"That is the problem!" She shouted. I've never seen her get upset with me so this was a big surprise. "I've been ignoring both of you and if I see him, he'll have so many questions. Do you really think he'll be cool with us coming home together from some huge party? Do you really think he won't have any suspicions?" I saw her take a deep breath. I was so taken back and had no idea what to tell her. She was right, but if I told her that, I wouldn't be able to take care of her.

"I'll work it out, okay? I'll make sure he doesn't ask too many questions." I tried my best to reassure her that it would all be okay. "Please Brooklyn?"