Chapter 10

Wilbur's Pov

"I've just-" I knew I wanted to talk to her but something about saying it felt awkward. Why did the comments hurt so much? Could I have feelings for-

"Wil," I heard Brooklyn say. I looked in her eyes and saw how confused and concerned she looked. I knew I couldn't go back now. I had to tell her how I felt.

"I've just been seeing a lot of comments about you and Schlatt." I told her, waiting for a reaction. How was she gonna take this?

"Me and Schlatt?" I heard her laugh. "What kind of comments?" She asked me.

Has she really not seen them?

"I don't know..." I said as I fiddled with my hair. "Ship comments." I flat out told her.

"Oh..." I watched her get flushed. "I mean, they're just comments. I've seen comments about me and you." Something about the way she said me and you was different. It was almost... hopeful. Could she feel the same way I felt about her?

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I said, trying to brush it off.

"Was that it?" She asked. I just nodded. I felt silly. I've never really gotten this way around anyone before. But for some reason I couldn't act normal around Brooklyn. "Why did they bother you so much?"

Why wouldn't they?

"I just- I don't know." Was I really about to tell her?

"Wil," I saw Brooklyn smile and I calmed down a little. "I like you." She said to me.

Wow.

a/n: i know this was a short chapter but a new one is coming very soon!