Chapter 9

I woke up to a twitter notification. I laid in bed, trying to wake up. I looked down at my phone and saw that it was a dm from Wilbur.

WilburSoot
hey, nice stream last night :)

Brookie99
you watched?

WilburSoot
maybeeee ;)

Brookie99
cringee

WilburSoot
lmao
don't forget about the among us stream tonight!

Brookie99
how could i? :)

Really, how could I? I've been waiting for this stream for over a week. Among Us is super fun and it'll be even better with my new friends.

WilburSoot
btw i never got your number
it'll probably be easier to text than use twitter dms

Holy shit.

How did I give Schlatt my number before Wilbur? I mean, it's not that big of a deal but I can't believe me and Wilbur have just been using twitter dms for so long.

Brookie99
omg you're right

I gave Wilbur my number and he texted me "hi." This made me smile, like a lot. This was the first thing Wilbur said to me. It's kinda dumb but it just feels different when Wilbur says it.

Brooklyn, it's just a word.

I checked the rest of my notifications and responded to the 8ball game again. Afterwards me and Rachel spent the day watching movies and hanging out. The more I sat there, the more I thought about last night's stream. That's when I remembered the mumble. Schlatt had said something that made the chat go crazy but what was it?

I pulled twitch up on my phone, looked at his stream from last night, and skipped around until I got to the part.

"And to clarify before you all go crazy, me and Schlatt aren't dating." I cringed at the sound of my own voice. I heard the mumble again and rewound, listening closely.

"Not yet,"

Not yet? What did he mean by not yet? Well, I know what it means but-

I'm overthinking, it was probably just a joke.

But what if it wasn't? I clicked around on discord to get my mind off what Schlatt said. Suddenly I saw a bunch on notifications from Wilbur.

Shit. The Among Us stream.

I rushed into my bedroom and logged onto the computer. I was the last one to start my stream and join the call.

"Sorry guys," I said as I joined.

"It's all good," Wilbur said, his voice making me light up. "Let's play." He said with a smile.

I looked at everyone who was playing, I had already met most of them but not everyone.

Great first impression, Brooklyn.

"Ooh, fun! We're imposter, chat." I said in a menacing voice. The whole chat cheered.

I killed a couple people and then someone found Punz's body in electrical. Minx had walked right over the body so everyone voted her out. They all had no idea it was me.

I won that game and we played a bunch more. It was a load of fun and I got to meet some new people like Pokimane and Scott. I had heard of them before, of course, but we hadn't had the chance to meet yet. Scott was really good at the game and Pokimane and I lowkey connected. I could get used to streaming with all these people. They were a blast to be around. Plus, Tubbo was oddly always right about the imposter.

After the stream ended Wilbur facetimed me. We had never really called with our cameras on when we call on discord. Is this why he wanted my phone number?

I set up my phone and quickly brushed my fingers through my hair before answering the phone. "Hey Wilbur, what's up?" I smiled.

"Look how pretty you look," he said to me I giggled. I could feel my cheeks getting red. "I just wanted to talk. It feels like it's been forever."

"It's been like two days," I laughed. I watched him mess with his hair and smile. "How are you?" I asked. It may have only been two days, but a lot can change in that time.

I heard Wilbur sigh, "I'm okay," I watched him look away from the camera.

"You don't sound okay," I said to him. The way he sighed and looked down just wasn't right. What happened?

"It's nothing," Wilbur said as shook his head and looked back up at me.

"Come on Wilbur! Talk to me, what's going on?"

"I've just-" He started. I watched him think over what he would say. I honestly had no idea what would happen next.