Chapter 46

For two weeks I didn't do anything. I barely had the energy to talk to Rachel, so talking to Wilbur was out of the picture. My last chat with Schlatt was nice, but now I didn't even want to move. All I did was lay in bed and occasionally go in for work. No one could get a hold of me. Everyone knew something was up.

"B, you can't lay around all the time." Rachel came into my room, turning all the lights on and trying to clean my room up a little. "I know what we talked about it, but it's been two weeks. You haven't talked to anyone. You only go to work a few times a week. When was the last time you showered?"

I barely opened my eyes. I just couldn't talk to her. Not about work, showering, or anything.

"Brooklyn," Rachel said as she lay down next to me in the bed. Our faces were turned towards each other. "I don't want to be hard on you, but maybe you should get out of the house. It could make you feel better."

"No thanks," I mumbled.

"What is up with you? Do you at least want to talk about it?" She asked while sitting up, trying her best to help me out.

"Not really."

"Okay, let me rephrase that. We are going to talk about it because clearly lying in your bed scrolling on Twitter isn't helping." I glared over at my phone. I actually hadn't been on Twitter at all, just YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, and Netflix. Twitter felt like too much right now. It was too much reading and too much interaction. Besides, I didn't care much about what was going on outside the four walls of my bedroom. "So? What's wrong?"

"I wish I knew."

"Are you kidding? After lying by yourself for days at a time, having nothing to do besides think, you have no idea what is wrong? You have to at least have a hunch or something!" Rachel was clearly frustrated.

"It's just so confusing." I told her, finally sitting up." I don't know how I feel about anything, especially about Wil and Schlatt." Could that really be it? Wilbur and Schlatt were the root of all my problems?

"Those two dipshits? I don't mean that, it's just- Seriously?" She exclaimed. "Just pick a guy and move on. I mean, both of them are practically waiting at your feet. Why not keep both of them?" She joked.

"It's not that easy." Why couldn't she understand this? "I can't just pick one. I mean, what me and Wil have-" I stopped. "Well, had." Saying that made me want to cry and vomit at the same time. How did our relationship go from such cute moments to fighting almost all the time? I miss when he first came out for VidCon. I was so excited to see him. But now I dreaded thinking about him. "What Wil and I had was so special. I miss that."

"I'm sorry to say this, but you were blinded by love. Not that there's something wrong with Wilbur, but if you two just keep finding things to fight about, it's not going to work out."

"It's not even like that!" Listening to Rachel's thoughts was so hard. I couldn't tell if it was because she only sees the outside or if she was right about everything. "Wil and I only fight about one thing. It's always over the same person!"

"Schlatt?"

"Yes."

"So who's head is he stuck in? Yours or Wil's?" Rachel asked, bluntly.

"Wilbur's." Schlatt wasn't stuck in my head. Wilbur was just constantly worried about him.

"So how much do you think about Schlatt?" Rachel asked.

"Honestly?"

Rachel nodded.

"I guess, not that much. I just always bounce back to him after something happens between Wil and I."

"So you like Wil more?"

"I love Wil," I told her. "I just like Schlatt."

I just like Schlatt, as a friend. Oh my god.

"Holy shit." I muttered. "I love Wil, not Schlatt. It's him. It always has been."

"Finally!" Rachel shouted.

"I need to tell him," I said, scrambling for my phone.

"Over text?" Rachel asked, annoyed.

"No, over FaceTime."