Chapter 40

As much as I liked Wil, love was such a strong word. I barely used the word love, not even with my own parents. Did I love Wilbur?

I didn't respond to his texts. I didn't know what to say. I needed to clear my head. There was only one thing I could do. I walked over to my computer and sat down in my chair. Opening up my streaming software, I felt normal again. As if VidCon never happened, as if I never met Wil or Schlatt, as if everything was simple again.

"Hi chat," I felt myself smile as their messages started rolling in.

cindyyyloooop: Brooklyn ur back!

takazens: how was vidcon

fl0wer5: early stream pog

lost_29: Pog hi

"How are we, today?" I asked. "Good, good! VidCon was great! I had a lot of fun and got to meet a few people. Who all went to VidCon?" Soon enough, I forgot all about Wil's texts. I forgot about last night with Schlatt. I was so consumed in the stream. It felt good to be back.

After chatting for a while, we went back to our survival Minecraft world. No matter what was going on, we always came back to this world. At this point, the world felt like the only thing in my life that wasn't falling apart.

I looked over, seeing a donation asking about VidCon again. "It was great! I got to meet up with a lot of my new creator friends. I actually stayed in an Airbnb with some of them for a couple of days. I stayed with Schlatt, Wilbur, Charlie, Ted," I listed off everyone I spent most of VidCon with. "I also got to meet Minx, and that was a lot of fun." I liked just sitting with chat like I used to do. Up until now, a lot of my streams were with Wil or other people. 

After streaming a little longer, I looked back at my chat to say goodbye. "Thank you all for coming! I miss our chill streams like this, so I'm hoping we can do more-" I stopped talking once I saw the chat talking about Wil. They were saying something about Twitter, something about me and Wil kissing. I quickly said bye and ended my stream, without saying anything about Wil and me. Having no idea what they were talking about, I went straight to Twitter.

@anon_user: @WilburSoot and @brookie99 caught kissing at a restaurant near LA

My jaw dropped as I saw the connected photo of Wil and me kissing outside the bar bathroom. 

What the fuck.

I grabbed my phone, not sure who to text. Minx? Rachel? Wilbur? As I opened my Messages app, Wil had already texted me about it.

8:12 am

have you checked twitter?

i just saw it

we're in trouble

yeah

what do we do?

what do you want to do?

I sighed before going to text Minx. She might know what to do. Right as I was about to tap on her name, I got a notification from Schlatt.

8:27 am

you and wilbur have some explaining to do

that picture is from days ago

no shit

I dont need an explanation

twitters gonna want one though

fuck what do i do

idfk ask wilbur

but if you ever wanna share some twitter clout im always accepting retweets

very funny