Chapter 28

I laid still as Rachel ran into my room. "Brooklyn, how many times do I need to come in here? You have to get ready for VidCon!" She shouted.

"I'm not going," I mumbled. On top of what happened yesterday, I barely got any sleep. I don't know if I could even make it through the day while dealing with Schlatt and Wil.

"You have to go! Fuck the whole choosing a boyfriend thing, you can't let down the fans. Have you even checked your phone? They're probably blowing it up." I watched her grab my phone off the nightstand and scroll through my texts. "Don't do this, Brooklyn."

I thought about it for a second. She wasn't wrong, I couldn't let everyone down and just not show up. "Okay, fine." I sat up and grabbed my phone. I had so many messages from Wilbur and Schlatt. I kept scrolling and saw one from an unknown number.

hey its minx! schlatt keeps texting
me about you. what happened? are
you coming to vidcon with them?

I saved her contact before responding. That's when I had a great idea.

wait can i maybe go with you?
i know this is like out of the blue
but i really need to get away from
all of them

of course you can
send me your address and
i'll have my uber stop there
on the way

I was so relieved. I sent her my address and hopped out of bed to get ready. She started calling me while I was putting my shoes on. I grabbed the clothes she let me borrow before opening the door and answering the phone. "Hey, I'm coming to the car now."

"Oh, I see you." I heard her say before hanging up. I got to the uber and sat next to her in the back. "Hey," she greeted me.

"Oh my god, you are a lifesaver! Thank you for letting me come with you." I told her. This couldn't have worked out any better.

"Oh, anytime! What happened anyway? Schlatt told me something about him confessing his feelings and-"

"Don't get me started," I laughed. "Basically me and Wil kind of have something going on and Schlatt knows that but he says he doesn't care. We almost kissed and I didn't totally hate the idea of kissing him but what about Wil? I have two different relationships with them both and Rachel just wants me to choose one but it's really not that easy. It's just too much, honestly." It felt good to get it all off my chest. Sometimes I felt like I had to hold back with Rachel but with Minx, she was judgment-free.

"Damn, imagine having two guys in love with you. I can't even get one," she joked. "It does sound like a lot Brooklyn. You probably just need a break for now. What did you tell them?"

"I just told them not to pick me up," I told her.

"Okay, do you want me to tell Schlatt you're coming with me?"

"No, I don't want to talk to either of them. Let's just have a girl's day." I can't even imagine what a conversation with Schlatt would be like right now.

"That sounds perfect!" Minx exclaimed. "I would talk to them after today, though. Schlatt really thinks he fucked up." She was right. I can't just ignore them and not answer any of their questions for too long.

"I will. Thanks Minx,"

"No, thank you. I had no one to fucking hang out with today." She said as I laughed. "A girl's day is just what I need."

We talked about streaming and everything for the rest of the car ride. I asked her about Ireland and talked about how I really wanna go there sometime. Eventually we got to the convention center and I was just hoping I wouldn't run into any of the guys. Minx had a meet and greet thing so I went with her. Not as many people recognized me but Minx really made an effort to make me feel comfortable. I helped take some pictures and everything. Once it was over Minx and I were both starving. We looked around to find the food court and once we did we got some ramen. It was really good and exactly what I needed.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick," I told Minx as I stood up. I looked around until I saw it and did my best to navigate through the people to get to the bathrooms. I was just about to open the door and go in when I heard my name.

"Brooklyn," Fuck. It was just the person I didn't want to talk to.

"Schlatt, can we not do this?" I sighed.

"I'm just sorry, okay? I don't know what got into me and I know I came on too strong-"

"No," I stopped him. "It wasn't you. I just have a lot going on right now. Just let me have a break and then we can talk."

"Okay,"

a/n: due to some recent events, i will no longer mention callmecarson in this story!
if you don't know what happened you can check the comments and more info can be found on twitter <3