Chapter 35

"This is gonna sound so cheesy but, would you wanna-"

"There you two are!" I looked over to see Minx leaving the building and walking towards us. "Everyone's done with their activities, so they were looking for you two-" She paused to read our facial expressions. "Am I interrupting something?" She asked.

I looked at Wil, waiting for him to answer. "No, you're fine." He told her.

"Okay, good. I'll let them know you're out here?" I nodded as Minx went back inside to tell the guys.

"Would I wanna what?" I asked, looking back at Wilbur.

"Would you wanna be my girlfriend? Spending all this time with you has just been so amazing, and you are just so incredible-"

"Are you serious?" I awkwardly laughed. "Wil, these past few days have been magical but you live on the other side of the world. Do you really think a long-distance relationship would work out?"

"We were kinda already doing long-distance before I came out here. I mean, we weren't official or anything, but I wanna make this work." I thought for a moment. I knew this time would come but it felt so soon. It all went by too fast. "Brooklyn, don't you wanna be together?"

"I would kill to be with you, but I know long-distance won't be the same. I just need to think it over." I watched Wil frown. I really fucked up again.

"Let's just go back inside,"

Wilbur started walking back to the doors before I stopped him. "I'm sorry, I can't just make a big decision like this out of the blue. What if things don't work out? I don't want things to get weird or messy between us."

"Things already have been messy with Schlatt, but we're still fine. If anything, we're closer than before. I thought you would've said yes, what is keeping you from saying yes?" He seemed distressed. I didn't understand why he was getting so upset. This was a big decision.

"Fine, I'll be your girlfriend!" I shouted. I was starting to get annoyed by the situation. Why wasn't he understanding what I meant? Why couldn't I understand him?

"No, it doesn't work like that. If you don't wanna be together, just say that. Don't feel obligated to say yes." He was starting to raise his voice as well. "Let's just go inside," he started walking towards the door, and I followed behind him. There it was, our first fight. I just couldn't wait to vent to Minx about it.

"There they are!" Charlie announced as we walked up to the group.

"Where's Rebecca?" I asked. Only the guys were standing there, and I needed her right now.

"She went back to her Airbnb," Schlatt told me.

"She really passed up a trip to the bar?" Wilbur laughed. He was right, that wasn't like Minx.

"She said she wasn't feeling well. I told her to text me when she felt better," said Schlatt.

"I hope she's okay," I said.

"She's fine, don't worry," Schlatt reassured me.

"You guys ready to go?" Ted asked. We all started to grab our stuff and head out to the car. We sat in our usual seats, and Wilbur was silent the whole ride. It was killing me that I hurt him so bad. I should've just said yes, it would've been so much easier. What happen to the spontaneous Brooklyn?