Chapter 34

I squinted my eyes as the sunlight shined on my face. I felt myself yawn as I sat up and looked at my surroundings. The sheets, the dresser, the desk, it was all so familiar. As I studied the room, I felt the bed rustle. I looked over and saw Wil fast asleep. I felt myself smile as last night's memories came flushing back. After the kiss, Wil and I talked all night. I told him how scared I was to explain what happened with Schlatt and how I heard their argument earlier on. It was like I had been lying to everyone for the past two days, and I could finally stop. It felt like it was all finally over.

I reached over and played with Wil's hair a little. His hair was always so fluffy and soft. I could hear the bustling from the hallway as everyone started to get ready. Eventually, Wil woke up, and we both started to get ready for the final VidCon day. I was excited but sad that it would have to end so soon. It wouldn't be long until Wilbur had to go back to England, and I could hardly bear the thought of him being so far away.

"What are you planning on wearing today?" Wil asked as he brushed his teeth.

"I was gonna text Rebecca, but I still don't know where my phone is." I hadn't been able to find my phone last night, so I had to wait to ask Schlatt where he had put it.

"Are you fine wearing that until we get to meet up with her?"

"Yeah," Wil had given me some sweats to change into, so I wouldn't have to sleep in my party dress. I love wearing his clothes because of how big and comfy they are. "I'll go ask Schlatt now," I told Wil before walking downstairs. Since Schlatt hadn't come looking for me, I figured he hadn't been in his room yet today. He probably had no idea I slept in Wilbur's room. As I walked down the stairs, I could smell someone cooking breakfast. As hungry as I was, I just kept looking for Schlatt.

I peeked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch, doing something on his phone. There was only a blanket tossed to the side of the couch and it didn't look like he was ready yet. "Good morning," I greeted him.

"Hey, how did you sleep?"

"I slept fine, thanks." I realized he looked confused as he saw what I was wearing. "Oh, Wil let me borrow some clothes," I said before he could ask. We were both quiet for a second. I could tell he was wondering when or why Wilbur would give me clothes. Should I tell him that I told Wil? "Do you know where my phone is?" I broke the silence, "I wanna see if Rebecca can bring me an outfit again. Hopefully, she's not too hungover." Until now, I hadn't thought about how Minx got home after we left the party. I never even got to text her once we got back to the house.

"We've been texting, she's alright." I immediately felt relieved. "Here," I watched Schlatt reach into his pocket and then hand me my phone. "I charged it for you too,"

"Oh, thanks." I quickly looked at my notifications, and Rachel had been spamming me. I realized she had no idea where I was, and I needed to let her know that I was okay. "Your room's open so you can get ready," I said.

"Thanks,"

I went back upstairs to Wil as I started scrolling through Rachel's messages.

12:38 am

hows the party?

are you coming home or staying at minx's?

2:38 am

brooklyn??

you better not be drunk