Chapter 5

"How was the stream?" Rachel asked me as I walked into the living room. "You were up all night."

I smiled and sat next to her on the couch. "Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's fine but you look exhausted. How late were you up?"

"2:30" I told her.

"2:30? Isn't the time like way ahead in England?"

"Yeah but Wilbur's practically nocturnal anyway." She laughed.

"Why so late, though?" She asked.

I felt myself smile. "Me and Wilbur were up late talking." I said, my cheeks getting warmer. I tried to hide it but I could tell Rachel saw.

"I knew it!" She shouted and stood up. "You two were meant for each other."

"We were just talking. Is that not a normal thing to do?" I mean, we were up late but it wasn't anything too crazy.

"I guess but I heard what he said on the stream last night." She smirked at me.

"You were watching?" I asked her. I didn't expect her to but I guess it makes sense since we always watch Wilbur's streams.

"I watched a little bit. I did hear him say that you two don't have to stay friends!" Her voice got higher as she said that and she started poking me.

"Stop! I have to get ready for class. I also have work today."

"Have fun!" She yelled to me as I walked into the bathroom.

"I won't!" I shouted back. We've been saying that ever since we moved in together. It was our little inside joke. I looked in the mirror and decided to dm Wilbur, just to make sure sleeping on his keyboard wasn't too uncomfortable.

Brookie99
hey :) how was sleeping on you desk?

WilburSoot
surprisingly not too bad

Brookie99
wow
i didn't expect you to be awake

WilburSoot
me neither lol
i had fun last night
you're great to talk to

Brookie99
no you are :)
i have to go to class but i just wanted to check up on you

WilburSoot
thank you <3

A heart? Did he just send me a heart? That was just a friendly heart, right? I shouldn't overthink this. Sending a heart is normal... I think.

That night I decided to stream. I was having a lot of fun playing minecraft lately and I thought it would be fun. I went to start my stream when I saw my follower count. "What the hell-" I said to myself. 6,000 new followers overnight? That's like 4 times the followers I had before. That's a lot of new people. Am I going to be able to handle a stream like this all by myself? I'll be fine. I have nothing to worry about.

I tweeted real quick to let everyone know I'm going live. I took a deep breath, scared for what could happen.

"Hi everyone!" I said as I started. I looked at the viewer count and watched it shoot up. I had over 500 viewers. "Wow, we have a lot of you today," I said with a laugh. It was a nervous laugh but I don't know if they could tell. I started reading the chat.

jubilayla: hi brooklyn!

maya206: how's it going with Wilbur!!!

pog2020: Wilburs live right now!

"Oh, Wilbur's live? Fun!" I smiled just thinking about him but I had to hide it.

picklejohn: you should stream with him again

schlattsimp: You should call him

"Maybe later guys," I said to them all. "He's probably busy right now." Even though we fell asleep on call we still just met. I don't want to seem clingy or anything.

I started playing minecraft and kept talking to chat. "Ooh, diamonds!" I had finally found some. I looked back at the chat,

jaqwals: WILBUR RAID

wendygorl: WILBUR SENT US

I saw my views going up and I was in amazement. I never thought something like this would happen. This had to have been the luckiest week ever. Not really because of my views but mainly just because I met Wilbur. Speaking of Wilbur, I got a notification from discord.

WilburSoot
Surprise!

I laughed, "Aw, thank you Wilbur!"

r1l3y: lmao he's such a simp

WilburSoot: Am not!

"Keep telling yourself that," I teased him. I kept streaming for a little over an hour. Afterwards I messaged Wilbur.

Brookie99
thanks wilbur :)

WilburSoot
of course
wanna call?

I smiled at his message. I couldn't wait to talk to him. After I told him yes, we called again. We chatted for a bit and then he played me one of his songs. It was so relaxing, his voice, the strumming of his guitar. I thought I would be more nervous talking to him but it was the exact opposite. Whenever I'm around him my nerves just melt and I feel like myself.

While I listened to Wilbur sing I was thinking about us, what we were, what we could be. Soon, it was morning.