Chapter 17

"Wil?" I couldn't believe it. My face lit up as I watched him stand up out of the car. "Wil!" I shouted before running to him, my eyes full of water as he wrapped his arms around me. The hug was so warm and natural. I was bawling my eyes out onto his yellow sweater as he had his head on mine.

He moved his head to look at me. I looked up at him and saw his huge smile. "Brooklyn, don't cry." He chuckled.

"Wil-" I began but I didn't know what to say. I dug my face into his shoulder. I just wanted to stay in this hug forever.

"That's enough!" Rachel laughed. I felt Wil chuckling as he went to stop hugging me. I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked as I dried my eyes. "Happy day," he smiled and so did I. He always knew how to put a smile on my face. "There it is," I laughed as he put his hand on my face.

I looked over as I heard Ted say Wil's name. Wil turned around and we watched Ted gesture his head as in "we have to go."

Wilbur turned to look at me again. "We have to get back to the airbnb but I just couldn't wait to see you."

"You have to go already?" I asked as I felt my smile drift away. I saw Wil's eyes get sad as he saw me unhappy.

I watched him look back at the car and then look back at me. "Wanna come with?" I smiled at this idea and nodded. We got into the car and I was greeted by Ted and Cooper.

"Nice to finally meet you!" Cooper said as me and Wilbur got in the backseat.

"Hey guys," I said with a smile. We made small talk while driving to the airbnb. How's streaming going? Do you like it in California? The same questions as always.

It wasn't until we got to the airbnb that I realized I was gonna meet Schlatt for the first time as well. I've never been too close with Schlatt, especially not as close as I am with Wilbur, but we've had our moments. We had our 8ball games and a few late night talks but it was nothing serious. I'm just worried about Wilbur thinking something's going on between us. And I really don't know how Schlatt actually feels.