Chapter 42

What was he up to now?

I got ready before getting another text from Schlatt. He told me he was here, so I left my room and started heading towards the front door.

"Brooklyn?" I heard Rachel say from the living room. "Where are you going?" She asked, her voice concerned.

"I'm going out with Schlatt again-"

"You can't!" She quickly shouted before I could finish my sentence.

"What, why not? Is something wrong?"

I watched her stand there for a moment, thinking of what to say. "I'm just-" She paused again, "I'm worried about Minx!" She finally said, leading me away from the door. "Have you talked to her lately? She's been kinda MIA,"

"I'll text her later, but I have to go," I tried leaving again before Rachel quickly stopped me.

"No!" She shouted. "Is there any way you can cancel? I mean, it's just Schlatt, so it's not like he has some big, fancy dinner planned."

"I guess I could-" I quickly stopped myself. "No, he's already outside. Why do you want me to stay home so badly, anyway?" I asked her.

"No reason, I mean, there is a reason, but I can't tell you yet-" She stopped herself before she could give me any more details. "I'll talk to Schlatt and see if he can reschedule. Then, we can just hang out tonight, okay?"

"Okay, I guess. You better explain to me what's going on!" I yelled to her as she went outside. Schlatt won't mind a last-minute cancellation, right?

I sat on the couch, waiting for Rachel to come back inside. She was acting so weird, something was definitely up.

I looked up as she came back inside. "Okay, explain." I immediately told her.

"Explain what?" She asked. I could see her trying to hide a smile.

"Don't do this to me, Rachel! Just tell me what's going on."

"Nothing is going on!" She said, sitting next to me on the couch. "I just wanna hang out with you, it's been so long. I mean, you were at VidCon and everything. You just left me!"

"Oh, shut up," I laughed. "Don't try to guilt me into believing you. Something has to be going on,"

"You'll see,"

"I'll see? Something is happening! Just tell me Rachel!" I groaned and laid my head on her shoulder.

"Get off of me!" She laughed. "I'm not telling you anything, now what should we watch?" She moved to grab the remote and started looking through Netflix. Why is she always up to no good? I decided to stop asking about whatever was going on, and began to pay attention to the movie she had chosen.

Some time had passed and I noticed Rachel's phone start ringing. "Who is that?" I asked her as she went to leave the room.

"I'm not sure," she said, quickly going into her room. I brushed it off and looked back at the TV screen. Rachel came back in after a few moments, sitting back down and hiding her phone.

"Rachel, can you just tell me what happening?"

"Nothing is happening!"

"I can't take it anymore! The suspense is killing me," I joked.

Rachel quickly shushed me. "I'm watching a movie," she whispered.

I rolled my eyes, finally giving up. I would be able to squeeze the secret out of her eventually.

The movie was almost over and I heard my phone ringing. I grabbed it from my pocket, quickly reading the name.

Wil wants to FaceTime

I told Rachel I would be back before leaving the room. I waited for a moment, thinking back to Wil and I's last FaceTime. It was so awkward, especially after our photo leaked. Was something wrong again? I took a deep breath, and accepted the FaceTime. "Wilbur, what's up? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong," he laughed. I saw him look up, realizing he was in the car. "Don't worry," he smiled, looking back at the phone.

I missed his smile. I missed hearing his comforting voice. I missed having him here.

"So why did you call?" I asked him. We really hadn't casually talked recently, not since he went back home. Plus, he was in the car, this couldn't just be a usual FaceTime.

"Well," he paused for a while, thinking of what to say. "Just come outside,"

"What?"

He smirked before hanging up the FaceTime. What the fuck, this had to be a joke. I left my room, walking through the living room, and out the front door. Standing outside the door, I looked out into the street, and there was a car parked right outside of my apartment. Standing outside the car was Wil, holding his guitar.

"Wil-"

a/n: hey guys im so sorry
its taken forever to post this chapter and i've just had a huge decline in mental health and motivation. i also wasnt sure what direction to take the story in but now i have a better idea. thank you all for ur comments <3 i love seeing what u think of the story and what way you want it to go so thank you so much! honestly ur comments are one of the few things keeping me motivated rn
we hit 75k reads and holy shit i never thought this story would get so far so thank you for all the support
if u guys ever need to talk pls lmk and i love you
GO DRINK WATER <3333