Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning still thinking about what happened on stream. I wasn't sure if it was a dream but looking back at the dms showed me it was real. For the first time in a long time I got out of bed and got ready right away. I was so excited about talking to Wilbur. He even invited me to stream with him.

I went to my classes for a bit and came back to the apartment for lunch around 1:30. As I was eating with Rachel, I got another dm from Wilbur.

WilburSoot
hi

Just a simple "hi," what am I supposed to say? I never thought I would get this nervous over a dm.

Brookie99
hey! what's up?

WilburSoot
i know it's a bit soon but i'm streaming at around 3 your time. wanna join? i can give you a tour of the server and maybe introduce you to some of the guys.

Brookie99
oh wow that would be great actually!

WilburSoot
awesome!
what's your discord?

I gave Wilbur my discord and added him. I couldn't wait to actually talk to him but I have to tell Rachel first.

"For real?" Rachel asked me, more excited than I've seen her in a while. "This is crazy," She went on. "Not only are you meeting the love of your life-"

"Woah," I interrupted her. "Slow down, love of my life? We only just met yesterday." I told her.

"But you've been interested in him for over a year. What are the odds he clicks on your stream? Sounds like fate to me."

"You sound insane-" I started to say.

"This whole thing is insane! That's the fun part," her eyes were so wide. Rachel had always been up for crazy stuff. Me? Not so much.

"I have to go get ready," I said to Rachel as I stood up from the couch. "Wish me luck!" I took a deep breath. The stream was still an hour away and I was already so nervous.

"Don't worry, you'll do great." Rachel told me. I hope she's right.

I went in my room and did my hair nice. Even though it's not a date I still wanna look good for Wilbur. And the chat, I guess.

After I was done I looked at the clock. It was almost time. I dmed Wilbur on discord and told him I was ready. Even though I wasn't, I knew the nerves wouldn't go away.

Wilbur added me to his call and I heard him talk for the first time. I guess it wasn't technically the first time but he had never just been talking to me.

"Hi,"