Chapter 7

"Hey Schlatt," I said as he added me to his call. I thought I was just supposed to pop in later on but I guess the plans changed.

"Hey Brooklyn! Uh, how are you?" He sounded nervous but I didn't understand why. He streams all the time and we weren't even live yet. Maybe he just gets like this before streaming? Who knows?

"I'm good," I was sort of laughing at his question. I wouldn't expect Schlatt to say something like that. He doesn't seem all that sweet. I guess that's just the persona he gives off online. We haven't really talked off stream besides earlier today so I haven't gotten to know who Schlatt really is. "Are you ready, Schlatt?" I asked him, maybe he would open up to me about why he was so nervous.

"Me? Come on, whose stream is this?" He joked. That's the Schlatt I'm used to. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah," I honestly was this time. This past month I've gotten a lot more used to streaming and I wasn't as nervous around people like Schlatt, George, or Wilbur since we were all friends now.

"Ok," Schlatt began, "I'm gonna start streaming and you can just join the call whenever you feel like it. I'll probably just be messing around and talking to chat so whenever you want will probably be fine."

"Fun," I said to him. "Good luck!" I said in a cheery voice. He didn't sound as nervous anymore but a little encouragement never hurt anyone- I don't think.

"Pshh, luck? I don't need it," I laughed and could imagine his smile. He hung up and started his stream not too long after.

I watched Schlatt on his stream. He was really funny but it looked like chat was getting a little bored so I decided to join.

"Oh, Brooklyn!"

"Hey Schlatt, hi chat," I said with a smile. I know I'm not that original but I thought that was pretty funny. "Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Just running around. Wanna join the server?"

"Sure," I said as I pulled up minecraft. I went back to look at the chat as it was loading.

Goll1e: is that wilbur's girl?

cherbear: brooklyn!!

qwerty: who is that? schlatt's girlfriend???

lmkwyalol: WOMAN??

Of course I saw the usual "woman?" comment. Surprisingly a few people knew who I was, some knew me as Wilbur's girlfriend which, even if we were dating, I don't want to just be known as Wilbur's girlfriend. I'm also a streamer. I decided to brush it off. Those comments were the least of my worries. A lot of Schlatt's viewers didn't know who I was so they thought I had a thing with him.

Absolutely. Not.

I mean, Schlatt isn't too bad but I barely know him. Plus, I already have a thing going on with Wilbur.

"For those in the chat who don't know who this is, meet Brooklyn. She's a friend of ours and you should all go check her out." Did he really just shout me out? I mean, thanks but that's like the opposite of something Schlatt would do.

"And to clarify before you all go crazy, me and Schlatt aren't dating." I laughed. I heard Schlatt mumble something thing and then clear his voice. "What?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"Did you say something?" I asked him.

"What? No," he said loudly.

I didn't believe him but I wasn't going to worry about it too much. I can always just look at the chat to see what he said.

qwerty: What a chad

sara1702: BABSBSJGS YALL HEARD THAT TOO RIGHT-

chal420: schlattlyn?

What are they talking about-

Schlatt cut off my thoughts, "where are you?" He asked, talking about the game.

"Oh, I'm by Tommy's house." I told him.

I stayed on for most of the stream. The chat seemed to enjoy me and Schlatt together. He was really funny and made fun of me but it was cool.

I screamed as I saw the death screen pop up.

Brookie99 was shot by jschlatt

"Schlatt!" I yelled. "Why did you kill me?"

"Oops, finger must have slipped." He said, stuffing chips into his mouth.

"You asshole," I said as I slammed my mouse on the desk and respawned.

"Asshole? You're gonna pay for that!" He yelled as he ran towards me with a sword. I logged out right away and left the call, hoping the chat would find it funny. I watched me do it on the stream, he was so close to hitting me and the chat seemed to love it. They seemed to love me.

I sat there, thinking about everything that happened on stream. An hour or so later I got a dm from Schlatt.

jschlatt
thanks for joining the stream
call?

Brookie99
sure!