Chapter 22

Wilbur and I held hands as he walked me to the front door of my apartment. Before I could go to open the door he pulled me into a hug.

"Smooth," I laughed as I looked up at him.

"I try," he said, nodding and smiling.

We stayed in the hug for a moment before I started talking again. "Thank you Wil, this night was amazing."

"I'm glad you had fun," he said, stepping out of the hug. "M'lady," he gestured towards the apartment as I giggled.

"Thank you kind sir," I went along with the joke as I unlocked the door. I looked back at him before opening it. He put his hands on my arms and pulled me in. I put my hand on his face and right then, we kissed. I was shocked but it was amazing. Everything about this moment just felt right, the way he held me, the way our lips locked. I pulled away after a moment and he smiled at me.

"Goodnight Brooklyn," I smiled and then opened my door. After it closed I just stood there in awe. There were no butterflies in my stomach, no nerves or anything this time. Wil is just so-

"There you are!" Rachel said as she came out of the bathroom. "How was your date?"

I quickly snapped out of it. "Oh it was- uhh," I had no words. "Wait, it wasn't a date." I tried laughing it off but it was obvious I was lying. At this point I wasn't sure what it was. We weren't dating and we didn't call it a date but maybe it was?

"Get over yourself B! It was a date. Now, tell me all about it." She said as she sat down on the couch.

"It was amazing Rach!" I sat down next to her and told her everything that happened. The sand, the stars, the song, the kiss, all of it. I couldn't stop replaying it in my head.

"You kissed?" She shrieked.

"It was so magical, Rachel. You have no idea!" I threw my head onto the back of the couch.

I could barely sleep that night. I couldn't stop thinking of Wilbur and our kiss. But even worse, VidCon was tomorrow.