Chapter 25

After tending to Harry, who seemed to have fallen asleep, I went out of the bedroom to go check on the others. They were chucking dead bodies out of the train and onto the ground.

"Oi! Maddie! Are you ok?!" Niall asked as he finished dumping a body out of the window and came towards me engulfing me in a hug.

"I'm the one who should be asking you that." I said as I looked up at his bruised cheek bone.

"Nah I'm fine. I'm not the one who got shot."

"Yeah well the one who did is sleeping now." I said right as Harry came walking out of the bedroom smirking.

"You didn't give me enough anesthesia to put me to sleep, but good try love." He said as he winked and walked into the bathroom making my eyes go wide. Does that mean that everything he said wasn't because of the drugs?

"I need to lay down." I said as my vision became blurry and I collapsed into Niall's arms.

I woke up to the feeling that I was being thrown around. I opened my eyes and found we were in a car, and we were driving straight through the snow-covered woods all the while it was getting dark.

"If we were going to the Antarctica you could've just told me." I said as I rubbed my eyes trying to see if we were even on a road. "How's your arm?" I asked as I looked over towards Harry to see the bandage still on his right shoulder.

"Fine. Doesn't hurt a bit." He said while looking down at his phone. And to think that my phone is the whole thing that started this journey. I could be back home watching television but no, I'm stuck in a car with 5 criminals.

"Oh now I can tell you where we're going Maddie. We're going to a new house north of Tromsø." Liam said as he drove through the frozen shrubbery. As we reached the end of the forest, beautiful mountains covered in snow with the sun setting behind them came into view and my jaw dropped. We drove closer and on a single hill was a cabin carved into the side of one of the lower mountains.

"Only way out here is by train." Zayn said as he opened his window sticking his hand out to feel the air.

"Then how do you have a car?" I asked still taking in the view.

"We've been planning this for a few months Madeline. The whole house is stocked with over 3 months of food and can accommodate up to 12 people having their own rooms." Harry said beside me as the boys opened the car doors and climbed out. He grabbed my bag before leading me up to the cabin.

"Why would you need it to fit 12 people?" I asked confused.

"We're expecting a couple lads a bit later. Enough questions." Harry said as he unlocked the door and typed in a code to the key pad to unlock it. Outside there were security cameras showing the house was fully equipped.

"There's 5 bedrooms upstairs and 7 down in the basement. The basement runs all the way along the inside of the mountain and to the other side!" Louis exclaimed as he came in and pulled an arm around my shoulder. Harry turned around and glared at Louis which made me shut my eyes hoping he would stop.

"Unless you want to sleep by yourself in the basement I would suggest sleeping upstairs with one of us. And not me tonight." Harry scoffed as he pulled his and my bag up the stairs and slammed the bedroom door.

"Well look at that. Welcome back hostage." Louis said as he gave me a short squeeze and walked upstairs.

"Can I get something to eat before I go to sleep?" I asked Zayn as he nodded and the others went towards their bedrooms. I scrambled into the kitchen finding the cupboards stocked full of different kinds of food. I pulled out a bowl and some cereal deciding it would fill me up enough. Few minutes later Niall came down before rummaging through the cupboards and also settling on a bowl of cereal. "Breakfast for dinner ey?" I said as he nodded his head.

"Greatest thing ever invented." He said as I placed my bowl in the dishwasher.

"Would you mind if I slept in your room tonight? I don't want to wake the others in case they're already sleeping." I said as I looked at the clock which read 10:45.

"Thought you'd never ask." He said as he walked up the stairs with me following.

"I just have to grab my clothes out of Harry's room." I said quietly as I knocked on the door not even bothering to wait for an answer. He had his head in his hands and when the door opened he looked up immediately.

"Decided to sleep in here?" He asked as he tried to hide the pleading look in his eyes as if he actually wanted me to sleep in here.

"No I just came to get my clothes." I said as I rummaged through my bag before I stood up.

"Well good." He retorted making me stop in my tracks and turn around to face him.

"One minute you're professing your love towards me and now you don't want me anywhere near you! I realize I'm your hostage, but I'm still a person and the others haven't had a hard time realizing that. And if you didn't notice I've actually helped you with all this shit you've put me through, so until you figure out how you want to treat me I'm done talking to you." I said as I watched his eyes go wide and I walked out the door. I looked to find Niall still standing there and mentally cursed at myself for yelling at Harry.

"C'mon." Niall said as he directed me towards his room. I quickly went into the bathroom and changed before crawling into his bed and curling up into a little ball. "Maddie-"

"I'm such a mess. My life is such a mess." I mumbled cutting him off as he turned the light off.

"No you're not." He said as he crawled in bed and placed an arm around my waist. Well at least he didn't hide it when he did it. "You probably made the situation better frankly. He needs to be put in his place once in a while and now that he knows how you feel he'll be more cautious of his actions." He said before kissing my shoulder and saying "G'Night Princess."