Chapter 39

"Where are we going? Do you know when I'll go back? What if you get caught? When will-"

"Babe. Everything's fine." Harry smirked as he set a hand on my thigh as he drove along the road.

"I d-don't believe you." I said as I pulled his hand off my thigh and pushed it back towards him, but before I could pull mine away he grabbed it and intertwined our fingers making me uncomfortable from the sudden touch.

"Few pit stops here and there but I was thinking Italy sounded pleasant. Yes?" He said a few minutes later as he looked over towards me for an answer. I simply nodded my head unsure of everything at the moment.

"How did you get this car?" I asked confused looking around.

"Dealerships give away free cars at night." He said making my jaw drop.

"You're a thief! Harry!"

"What'd you expect?" He chuckled as he kissed my hand making me scowl at him. "So how's Dawn been?" He said changing the subject making me huff.

"She's grown a lot. Really fluffy now and kind of chubby. Florida isn't the best place for her. She's already got enough fur to keep her warm." I said looking down at my lap before I asked "How are the boys?" Trying to keep awkward tension out of the air.

"Fucking annoying as usual." He groaned as he rolled his eyes. "Louis got extra time in prison for telling guards off." He said making me smirk.

"Oh and the rest of you didn't?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh we did but in our own ways..." He trailed off as we approached a small apartment. "The lads should be inside already." He said as he hopped out of the car opening my door and grabbing my bag. I followed him up to the door slowly as he unlocked it and walked inside.

"Oi! What the fuck took you so long?! Why didn't you tell us where you were-MADDIE!" Louis said as he came running towards me bulldozing me over into a giant hug.

"H-hey Louis." I said as I pat his back awkwardly because of the position I was in.

"I stubbed my toe again yesterday and none of the boys would get me ice! Fucking bastards!" He said as he glared at the others. "I'm glad you're back." He said as he pushed me into the kitchen towards the others.

"What? Where's-Maddie!" Niall said as he sat up from his chair and came towards me engulfing me in a big hug. "God damn never leave us again." He said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Oi give the lady some space. Hey Maddie how's your arm?" Liam said as he wrapped me in a hug.

"Doing better.......Doctors said the cast should be off in a month." I said as he pulled away and Zayn came in with a cigarette.

"Oi! There's the sexy lady!" He said walking towards me making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Looking great as always." He said as he slid an arm across my shoulder.

"What happened to your ego?" I chuckled as he rubbed my shoulder.

"Prison changes you kid. Make good choices." He said making me laugh. "And when you're done with Harry over there give me a call." He said as he kissed my temple as Harry came in.

"Keep your hands to yourselves she's still mine." Harry said as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Aye your royal dickness." Louis said as he saluted to Harry making me laugh along with the others.

"Oi don't laugh at that! That's not funny." Harry said as he looked down at me.

"No it was pretty funny." I said while smirking and trying to contain my laughter.

"Maybe bringing you here wasn't such a great idea." He said as he looked down at me questionably.

"Ooh! Take me home then!" I said excitedly as I jumped up and down like a little kid.

"Actually I think I'll just keep you away from them." He said gesturing towards the boys.

"NOOO!!!!" They screamed as they picked me up and carried me out of the room.

"Don't break her other arm!"