Chapter 31

I haven't left the bedroom since Harry kissed me. In the hours that have passed I've laid on the bed, paced around the room, sat on the ground, stared into space, and pet Dawn. My mind has been wandering the entire time over why he kissed me.

"Maddie. There's food downstairs." Zayn said as he knocked on the door and peeked in, seeing me sitting on the ground mindlessly petting Dawn on my lap. "Are you ok?" He asked snapping me out of my daze. I nodded my head slowly as I looked up at him. "Well come down before its all gone." He said as he backed out of the door.

"Might as well do some laundry." I said to myself as I stood up and went towards the closet. I pulled out a couple piles of clothes and threw them into the laundry basket before walking down the steps and joining the boys in the living room.

"Oi! Maddie there you are!" Louis said acknowledging my presence. I nodded at him as I set the laundry basket behind the couch and sat down next to him. Niall chucked me a bag of food in which I fished out a cheeseburger.

"Good choice." Niall winked as the door was slammed open. I took a bite out of my cheeseburger as I watched Harry stalk in, grab a bag of food, and retreat upstairs into the bedroom without making eye contact with any of us.

"Where was he?" I asked quietly.

"Out at the shooting range. Goes there to blow off steam." Liam said as I nodded my head and looked down at my lap. Once I finished my burger I stood up to grab the laundry and noticed Dawn still needed to eat.

"Feed Dawn and I'll do your laundry tonight." I said quietly as I strut towards the laundry room leaving the boys in the living room. I closed the door and began throwing darks into the washing machine seeing it was basically the only color the boys ever wore. As I finished their baskets and continued onto mine, the door was opened and in came Harry. He smirked before throwing his own clothes in and coming extremely close to me. He rested his hand on my hip and buried his nose in my hair.

"Harry-I" He pushed me up against the wall as he pinned my wrists beside my waist and kissed me roughly for the second time today. "I'm your hostage-you're a criminal. Why don't you hate me?" I said as he pulled away once he realized I hadn't been kissing back.

"That question runs through my mind all the time! Madeline do you even realize how hard I've been trying to hate you?! I know I'm supposed to hate you! But you did nothing wrong so I can't! I don't even know why I even thought I should've kidnapped you, you'd seen practically nothing!" He stopped talking for a bit as he placed his hands on the wall beside either side of my head and took a deep breath calming his thoughts and actions. "I guess I was just lonely. Thought that by having a girl in the house it would calm things down and maybe wouldn't end like it did last time." I nodded my head and pushed myself closer to him as I gave him a quick peck on the lips. I could feel him smirk into the kiss as there was a pounding on the door.

"Oi! Stop snogging and do the laundry!"

"Will you please explain to me now why I have this?" I asked as I pointed towards my tattoo as Harry and I were laying in bed.

"Do we have to talk about that now?" He grumbled as he shifted under the covers.

"Well apparently not." I scoffed at his attitude as I rolled over so my back was facing him. Harry grumbled a couple of words to himself before he pulled his wrist up over my body so ours were right next to each other.

"It gave me a reason to keep you here and protect you. Also made sure the others didn't treat you like crap and if I needed to, only I could." He said as he slowly rubbed his finger over my tattoo.

"Why did you feel like you needed to protect me?" I asked quizzically.

"Different story for a different time."

"But you said that last time!"

"And I'm saying it again. Goodnight Madeline."

A/N:
IDEK whats going on anymoreee ASDFGHJKL