Chapter 50

"Hey Maddie?" Someone called as they knocked on my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I turned around to see Zayn standing there with his head poked in the room.

"Would you like to come down to the beach with me? I haven't been down there yet and-"

"Yeah of course! Just let me change into something and I'll meet you at the door." I smiled as he backed out. I glanced at the clock which read 6:13, the perfect time to go for a walk on the beach as the sun should be setting. I changed into some shorts and a tank before exiting the room and walking down the hallway towards Zayn.

"Ready?" He smiled setting a hand on my shoulder.

"Where the hell are you two going?" Harry's voice sounded at the bottom of the stairs.

"We're going for a walk on the beach." Zayn said calmly keeping his hand placed on my bare shoulder.

"No you're not. Madeline you're staying here."

"I can go if I want. You don't tell me what I can and can't do." I sneered making Harry glare at me.

"Oh but I do darling. Now come have a chat with me in the bedroom." He said as he pulled me away from Zayn and into our room.

"You can't just not talk to me for three days and expect everything to be ok!" I yelled.

"Well it's obviously not because you're going out on dates with other men!" He said back to me.

"He just asked me to go for a walk on the beach! That's not a date!"

"It sure as hell is! Along with whatever you were going to finish later with Louis."

"Well if that's what you think it is, then at least he made a move to actually do something with me."

"I was bus-"

"Don't give me that bullshit. I know that's a lie." I said as he forcefully pushed me up against the wall pinning my shoulders under his hands.

"If you fucking go-"

"Harry-" I tried to cut him off as he grabbed my chin making me look at him.

"Out there with him-"

"Please-" He grabbed both of my wrists tightly, bruising them slowly.

"I won't hesitate to-"

"You're hurting me!" I screamed as he looked down at his hands and pulled them off my wrists. He looked up me with a mixed look between anger and guilt. "Save it." I spat just as he was about to say something, and walked out of the room back towards Zayn who had crawled slightly closer to the bedroom door out of curiosity.

"What the hell went on in there?! Did he hurt you?" Zayn asked grabbing me by the shoulders and walking towards the front door.

"My wrists are a little sore but otherwise I'm ok." I said as Zayn dropped his hands to mine to take a look.

"Let's get some ice on them before we leave." He said as he walked into the kitchen and grabbed a couple ice packs. "Let's go before we miss the sunset." He said as he pulled me out the door and towards the beach. After walking down a little cobble path, we finally reached it.

"Wow. It's so pretty out here." I said looking around at the crystal blue waves and the orange sun dipping down beneath its surface.

"Mhm." He answered look out overtop of me and towards the water.

"If you don't mind me asking...how did you all get into this drug dealing, criminal related stuff?" I asked quietly as we continued to walk.

"I dunno really. Hard lives growing up, found a way to get rid of them. And you get to use guns." He winked making me roll my eyes. "How are your wrists?" He asked as he grabbed one and peeled off the ice pack before examining it.

"Considering the injuries you've gotten, they're fine." I chuckled at how he was concerned about a simple bruise.

"He shouldn't have hurt you."

"I know."

"He shouldn't have even broughten you back-hell even kidnapped you in the first place."

"I know-he knows that. That's why he didn't want to hurt me."

"Well if he didn't want to hurt you he should've just take you back home. That's the right thing to do." Zayn huffed as we made our journey back home.

"He even said it himself you guys don't do the right thing." I chuckled as Zayn let out an exasperated sigh.

"I know I'm just looking out for you." He said as he pulled me into a hug and rested his chin on my head. "I love you Maddie."

"I love you too...as a brother." I said earning a laugh from him.

"Not the reply I anticipated."

"Well can you blame me considering the way you greeted me when I came back? 'There's the sexy lady! Looking good as always.'" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not saying those aren't true, but I may have been a bit high."

A/N:

THE END IS NEARING.....

Don't forget to keep voting for sequel covers