Chapter 9

Police sirens woke me up in the middle of the night. Then there was the pounding footsteps and my door being thrown open.

"Pack your shit now! We need to leave!" Harry said as he threw me a bag.

"What stuff? You mean the clothes I have on?" I asked as I gestured towards my new outfit that I wasn't a fan of from the waist down. Harry grumbled something before leaving the room quickly. I looked towards the hallway with a confused face until pants were thrown at my head.

"Put those on. Then come downstairs." He ordered quickly as he grabbed the bag he had tossed in and jogged down the stairs. I quickly put on the pair of black sweatpants, rolling the waist band down about three times and the bottoms up. I then made my way downstairs to see the guys packing what seemed like everything into their black duffel bags again.

"Awh why doesn't Madeline have her new outfit on?" Liam pouted as he threw in another gun.

"Because we don't need her showing off her ass to the whole world." Harry retorted as he zipped up his bag.

"Admit it that you thought she looked hot in those shorts." Liam said as he zipped his bag up. Harry just scoffed and grabbed my arm pulling me towards the door.

"I thought we were done with man-handling." I said quietly.

"Look I don't have time for your back sass. Stay here until I tell you to move." He said as he dropped the bag at my feet and walked back towards the guys.

"Do they know our exact location yet?" Niall asked coming out towards me.

"No but they're getting closer." Zayn said looking down at some GPS thing.

"C'mon lets get to the car." Niall said as he peeked out the door making sure there weren't any police cars, before pulling me down the stairs and into their SUV. I climbed in the backseat and slid into the middle hoping to avoid a collision if the boys were to enter from either side. I heard the car doors lock once again as Niall jogged back up into the apartment.

A few minutes later the police sirens became louder and they came flying down our street, making the car shake. I looked back towards the apartment and saw the boys shutting all the lights off so it didn't look suspicious, considering it was 2 am. I thought about trying to bang on the doors, but the cops were going too fast to even notice.

Once the cars passed, the boys came quickly flying out of the apartment and towards the car. I braced myself for impact as the doors were flung open, but none came when I realized they got into their seats without hitting me.

"Go North, they're heading South." Zayn said as he tucked his GPS into his pocket and held onto the car handle. I myself didn't have anything to hang on to as we approached speeds of 90 mph, so I fastened my seat belt as tight as I could and tried to move as little as possible.

"How ya holding up there babe?" Zayn asked as he placed a hand on my left thigh causing me to jump a bit.

"This is worse than getting a tattoo." I grumbled as I turned to look out the opposite window to Zayn, but was met with a hard glare from Harry that was flickering from my thigh to Zayn's face. Zayn was oblivious to the cold stare from him though, but if looks could kill, he would be dead.

A/N:
Question of the chapter: Why do you think Harry was glaring at Zayn in the car?