Chapter 14

If I do say so myself, last night was probably the best night of sleep I had had in a while. Compared to when I slept on the floor in the motel room....or the night before with Louis. I walked downstairs once I had changed clothes and saw the boys arguing in the kitchen. I stepped towards the wall still in their view but they didn't look towards me.

"See this plan just isn't gonna cut it! It's too much like the one at the Jewelry Store, and we almost got caught because of it!" Liam said as they fumbled over the map.

"Well then explain how we didn't get caught?! Maybe if you would've found the vault faster or maybe checked if there were people in there then we wouldn't have gotten so close to being caught!" Harry exclaimed as he pulled out a cigarette and tossed the pack to each of them.

"I did check though!" Niall said growing frustrated as he threw his hands up in the air.

"Well then why is Madeline here? If you would've checked then we wouldn't have had to take her with us. She's useless; all she's done is drag us down and make everything slower." A frown hit my face at Harry's words and I knew now that they didn't give a shit about what happened to me. I mean I don't know why I expected them to be nice.

"It was just out of pure luck that the police went to the back door of the store! That's the closest yet we've come to being caught! We're slacking off. I just don't see why they would've gone back there..." Liam trailed off as he leaned against the wall and blew out a puff of smoke. I moved from my place behind the wall and out into the kitchen.

"It's because I left the back door open." I said with my arms crossed as the boys turned their heads towards me and stared intently.

"You what?" Niall said quietly in astonishment as if he couldn't believe what I just said.

"The only reason you got out of there was because I left that door open. When I went back in to get my phone I didn't bother shutting it because I thought I would be going back out. Call me your pure luck." I spat as I shook my head at them and walked right back up the stairs into my room, not wanting to go into Harry's.

"Madeline." Someone said outside my bedroom door. I had been sitting around in my room for about three hours, and this was the first attempt that someone had made to try to talk to me since I told them I left the back door open of the Jewelry Store. I didn't answer who ever it was in case it was Harry, I didn't even want to see his face.

"Uh...Maddie come on open up." The voice said again making me realize it couldn't be Harry, because he doesn't call me Maddie. Also that it couldn't be Louis, because he would've just used his key to get in. I groaned and sat up from the bed walking over to the door, unlocking it, and then just crawling back into bed without even looking to see who it was. The bed dipped down a couple seconds later and a hand was placed on my hip as whoever it was, rubbed it with his thumb. I was tempted to move away, but the fact that I felt like crap made a little affection seem like a whole lot. Even if it was meant just to see my reaction.

"Harry didn't mean what he said."

"Bullshit." Was my grumbled response. I didn't even think that was going to come out, so my eyes widened when I realized I had cussed.

"You've been hanging around us too much." The voice cackled making me smile a bit. I looked up and saw it was Liam.

"After you left, Harry ground his cigarette into the floor under his shoe and stomped outside the back door." He continued making me nod my head not wanting to speak. Just then the back door of the house slammed open and closed making me jump a bit.

"You should probably go before Harry sees you in here. Don't want him thinking you've been trying to cheer up your hostage." I mumbled pulling the covers up farther. Liam nodded his head as he rubbed my thigh and stood up looking down at me.

"I'll bring you up some food once Harry's out of the way." He smiled as he walked out the door and into the hallway.