Chapter 55

"Okay Maddie, now try to get some sleep. If anything feels uncomfortable just call for me, I'll be on the couch." Liam said as he headed towards the bedroom door.

"What?! Liam this is your bed! You sleep in here! Let me sleep on the couch." I argued as I sat up in his bed.

"Maddie. I don't want you anywhere near Harry and downstairs is too close. You're staying in here with the door locked."

"Harry told me that he had keys to all the doors though." I replied making Liam groan in defeat.

"Ugh. Fuck. Fine I'll lock the door but I'll sleep in the chair." Liam grunted as he trudged over towards the chair in the corner.

"Liam you can't be serious. You're sleeping in this bed. I don't care. Now get in. It'll make me feel safer." I said snatching his wrist and pulling him towards the bed. He climbed in unwillingly and scooted as far over to the edge as he could leaving me with more than half of the bed. "Liam it's fine. I will move over so you don't have to sleep all the way on the edge."

"I don't want to hurt you and by giving you enough space I'm decreasing the possibility of that happening."

"Whatever. I'd move closer but it hurts. Plus I'm cold." I said as Liam grunted and rolled over. He draped his arm over to my side and pulled up the covers so they were covering my shoulders.

"Goodnight." He said as he kissed my hair and rolled back over to his side.

"Fuck. I need to move around more." After laying in bed for a day and a half, I was tired of being lazy and decided I needed to get up and move my body. It had gotten stiff from laying down for so long and needed to be exercised. As I carefully swung my legs over the edge of the bed, my stomach cramped up and I had to take a breath. Once I gained enough strength I stood up fairly quick and made my way towards the door not needing to support my weight on anything. Going down the stairs however I needed to clutch the side railing until I touched the floor.

"Maddie? You're supposed to be in bed." Zayn scolded from the kitchen as I walked in.

"I got hungry and my body was too stiff." I said as I moved around trying to stretch it out.

"You could've called for one of us." He replied but I just waved him off ignoring his statement. "Plus we don't know when Harry will be back." I hadn't thought of that. Now coming down seemed like a bad idea. I walked towards the fridge and grabbed a glass of water and a pop tart before slowly walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Stupid things." I mumbled to myself as I fumbled with the pop tart wrapper which was refusing to open at my command.

"Need some help?" Niall asked as he came in and took it from me before ripping off a piece and shoving it in his mouth. "Just so you don't have to repay me later." He smirked as he handed it back and walked off into the kitchen. As I finished eating my pop tart I picked up the remote and turned on the television, and what came on astounded me.

~Greetings. New leads in the London Lowriders case have been discovered today.~

I couldn't understand anything the reporters were saying so I switched on closed captioning for English at the bottom of the screen. Just then a picture popped up of my house in Florida. It was burnt to the ground and smothered in black smoke.

~At about 10 this morning, Madeline Scott's house was burnt to the ground. Police officers found several matches inside and a bomb.~

As they showed another video of a house I saw a man being wheeling away on a stretcher. The man was my father.

"Madeline!" Harry shouted as he came in the door making me drop my glass of water as it crashed to the floor.

"Oh my god." I said as I stared in disbelief at the television. "Y-You tried to kill my family!" I screamed as loudly as I could, gathering the attention of the boys in the kitchen.

"I was drunk! I made a call and it happened!" Harry shouted as he came near me.

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU JACK-ASS!" I yelled again as tears began streaming down my face. Just then, a video of my mother crying and father being pushed into an ambulance showed making me lose my balance.

"I-I'm going to throw up." I said as the boys directed me towards the kitchen where I threw up into the trash can.

"Harry-get out." Zayn seethed as Harry came close to me.

"Fuck, how about you get out Zayn? Get out of this house matter of fact!" Harry yelled making Zayn move to the opposite side of me bending down to make sure I was ok.

"Madeline I had no idea what I was doing, I never wanted any of this to-"

"Go. I don't want to talk to you." I said as I stood up, wiping my face on a rag with tears streaming down my face.

"Madeline please I love-"

"If you loved me...You would've never kidnapped me, never beaten me up, never tried to kill my family, and never led me on to think that you actually cared about me when in reality you're a cold-hearted jackass with a two-year old's temper."

"Explain the tattoo then." Harry said while crossing his arms.

"Just another way to make me believe that you actually cared. I don't want to be here anymore." I said as I closed my eyes and shook my head, tears still coming out.

"Madeline-"

"No!" I yelled as I flipped around Niall and grabbed a knife from the counter. "Take me home before I take it into my own hands to end this misery. I don't want to be out here on the run with you anymore. This has ruined my life! You've all ruined my life! You knew all along what you were doing was wrong and this is the epitome of it! You tried to kill my own father!"

"Madeline don't-" Harry said as he stuck his hand out trying to grab the knife.

"Take me home."

"You promised you wouldn't leave me!"

"Promises are meant to broken."

"Madeline you're making a huge mistake-I love you. If you go I go." Harry said as he grabbed my arm.

"I'm already gone." I replied as a dizziness fell upon me and I collapsed to the ground in pain, hopefully, for my final time.

The End.

~Completed July 19th 2015~