Chapter 51

"Are you sure you don't want to stay in my room?"

"No I'm fine. Harry's probably in the office anyways. Thanks for taking me out there, it was a lot of fun." I said as I hugged Zayn one last time before he retreated to his room on the second floor. I placed the ice packs back into the freezer before entering the bedroom where the light was still on. Inside the room, clothes were scattered everywhere along with a few dents in the wall if not some holes. The bathroom door was shut and the light was turned on signaling Harry had to have been in there. I quickly grabbed some pajamas before deciding I would change in the main floor bathroom. Right as I was about to exit the room the bathroom door opened and I was stopped in my tracks.

"Madeline please! Wait!" Harry yelled as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back making me wince in pain. He saw my expression and looked down at my wrist as his eyes went wide knowing what he had done. "I-I'm so sorry baby. I-I didn't know I was hurting you." He said as he took his hands off of me and ran his fingers through his wet hair. His eyes were bloodshot and his knuckles were taped up.

"Really? That's all you can say? You really are the man in my nightmares." I said as I turned to walk out again.

"I've been having them too-nightmares. Ever since I started avoiding you."

"Yeah well you brought that upon yourself." I huffed turning back to him.

"They were of me hurting you.....and then you leaving me....for one of the other boys. It was different every time." I didn't know what to say to that so I kept quiet and looked at my feet. "You can change in the bathroom...I'm done in there now." He said quickly changing the subject as he moved out of the way when I went in. After changing I walked back out to see Harry sitting on the bed staring at me intently. I dropped my clothes in my bag before heading towards the door. "No! Wait! You know how I feel about you sleeping on that couch. Please sleep in here." He pleaded making me raise my eyebrows up in curiosity.

"I was going to get a drink of water...but ok." I said as I walked out quickly getting one and going back in, in under 2 minutes. Harry was still in his same position waiting as if I wasn't going to return. Once I walked around the bed and laid down, Harry turned the light off and crawled in beside me laying on his back.

"I avoided you...well partly because of work...but mostly because the day we got here I started thinking. I decided that I couldn't be the one who received your love because I didn't deserve it." He said making my heart stop for a second. "Your love should be given to someone who actually takes care of you and wouldn't end up hurting you physically or emotionally. Which I have yet to prove I can do considering I almost left you in a burning house, broke your arm, bruised your wrists, and hurt you emotionally. Plus I kidnapped you...twice." I couldn't think of a response to say. He poured out all of his thoughts and I wasn't ready for it. "Dear god Madeline. Say something before I have a heart attack. Please." He said making me smirk.

"You deserve my love."

"Bullshit."

"I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't want yours. I'd be in one of the other guys'-"

"Okay I deserve your love. Don't bring them into this." He said making me chuckle and turn over to face him. "I am so sorry that I hurt you baby, I didn't mean to at all. My temper overtook me and-"

"Harry? It's fine. Are you crying?" I asked softly as I wiped beneath his bloodshot eyes.

"No you just smell really bad and it's making my eyes water." He sniffled making me roll my eyes.

"I thought we were having a moment! Way to ruin-" I started but was cut off by his lips on mine. "Don't think this lets you off the hook. Your ass is still deep in a pile of shit from what you did. Not only tonight but from this whole time we've been together."

"Stop swearing and I'll do whatever it takes."

"What you don't find my dirty mouth attractive?" I smirked as he pulled me into his chest.

"Save it for our sessions. Make it special." He smiled making me melt in his arms. We laid in silence for a couple of minutes before I finally decided to say what had been on my mind since I walked in here.

"You're going to have to fix those holes in the walls you know that right?"