The Start of a Journey

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓₓ
𝕀'𝕞 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀'𝕞 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

ℍearing the door open and close and a familiar voice in the front room, six-year-old Liliana immediately races towards the room seeing her older brother, Alexander, standing there with his arms out, a huge smile on his face

earing the door open and close and a familiar voice in the front room, six-year-old Liliana immediately races towards the room seeing her older brother, Alexander, standing there with his arms out, a huge smile on his face. Running up towards him, she jumps into his arms, happiness filling her chest at being reunited with Alexander after a year apart. "You're home! You're home!" Liliana gleefully giggles as Alexander twirls her around the room, mirth filling his eyes at the sight of his younger sister.

Setting her down on the floor once again, Alexander bends down on one knee, to take a good look at her, a teasing smile on his face. "You haven't grown much, Lil."

Liliana slaps his arm, a pout forming on her face. "Don't mention it," Liliana grumbles, sticking out her bottom lip.

Alexander's booming laugh fills the room as Liliana continues to pout. Sobering up, Alexander looks around, expecting to see other members of his family greet him after a year's absence. "Where are the others?"

"They went," Liliana says simply to Alexander's confusion.

"Where?" Alexander asks, only getting a shrug in response. Liliana grips the bottom of her dress in her clenched fists, looking at him with fear in her eyes, a single tear falling down her pale face as her piercing violet eyes stare into his own deep blue ones.

"Promise me you won't leave," Liliana pleads, eyes wide in sudden panic as Alexander frantically stares into her's as his heart breaks at his sister's fearful face.