Shadow of a Smile

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓₗᵢᵥ
𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕤 '𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕨𝕖 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

"𝕋his is Round #2 of the Davy Back Fight, Groggy Ring! The outcome of the match is now clear as day! No one is a match for our monsters! Although Team Straw Hat was defeated, I can't help but applaud them for putting on such a gallant—" Itomimizu...

"𝕋his is Round #2 of the Davy Back Fight, Groggy Ring! The outcome of the match is now clear as day! No one is a match for our monsters! Although Team Straw Hat was defeated, I can't help but applaud them for putting on such a gallant—" Itomimizu pauses as his eyes widen in shock as three stands right back up. "They're up! Team Straw Hat is standing again! Roronoa the Swordsman, Sanji the cook and Liliana the auxiliary are terrifyingly tough! They really know how to make a game exciting!"

The Straw Hats cheered them on in relief as the three stood before Groggy Monsters with one mission on their mind: Win this match with whatever it takes.

"But do these three have enough strength left to fight!" Itomimizu questioned, peering at Liliana who seemed to struggle the most to stand on her own two feet.

Tears gathered in Chopper's eyes as he watched his former crewmates with blood dripping down their faces before his gaze focused on Liliana's trembling form. He remembered the candied apples that he was given just before the choosing ceremony. The way he naively took them and shared them with Liliana. Guilt flooded his mind as memories of a mushroom flashed through his mind.

It was the sudden smile that Liliana gave Chopper that suddenly made things better. A smile that said that it was never his fault, nor would it ever be. Like as if Liliana knew the downward spiral Chopper's mind was taking. Sucking up the tears, Chopper nodded firmly and resolutely. He couldn't doubt himself and them now.

Foxy grit his teeth together before looking towards the former Fanged-Toad ship's doctor. "I thought you said the drugs would be effective in immobilising the girl."

The doctor can only stare wide-eyed at the young girl. "It should be. I placed enough drugs to incapacitate two adult males. She shouldn't even be moving, let alone fighting."

Foxy scowled in anger as he tensely looked at the three monsters. If I had known she would be such a hassle, I would've taken the girl instead of tanuki, he thought angrily. "Hey guys," Foxy called out, getting Groggy Monster's attention, "One Monster Burger, please!"

Electricity flashed through the Foxy Pirates before they suddenly got more riled up as Humberg pulled out two large steel bats from his pants, thrashing them against the ground. Pickles did the same, taking out instead two swords as he twirled them around rapidly. Cheese also took out a sword before he suddenly swung, revealing it to be a whip as Big Pan pulled out two steel pans that he slammed together.