Projections of the Past

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓₓₓᵥᵢᵢᵢ
𝔽𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

"𝕋hat damn Super-Express Lobster just deserted us here," Zoro growled out as he scanned his surroundings after making sure everyone was alright

"Where exactly are we?" Chopper asked, a hint of worry in his tone as he stood on top of the railing.

Liliana also looked around in curiosity, seeing that they were placed on top of a tall stone altar with a steep staircase leading towards a cloud lake that surrounded them. Behind them was a stone wall with strange tribal inscriptions that Liliana didn't understand as torches cast an eerie glow around them. Beyond the lake, Liliana can see the dark depths of the tropical rainforest that hid many things from enormous trees. Larger than anything that Liliana has ever seen. As she took a closer look at the stone inscriptions, Liliana spotted a sign with the insignia of 'God' with an animal skull placed on top.

"What's for certain is that it's the interior of Upper Yard," Nami answered.

"It's almost as if this is a sacrificial altar," Nico Robin guessed.

"Seems like it," Liliana agreed.

Chopper scrunched his brows together in confusion at the unfamiliar words before turning towards Nami to ask its meaning who simply answered that you're offered alive to a God. Chopper nodded in relief, naively thinking that they wouldn't get boiled alive.

Nico Robin chuckled, "Actually, it's something like that." Chopper froze, spinning towards Nico Robin who further explained, "Whatever the method, your life is given to God."

"Eh!" Chopper screams, leaning dangerously backwards, "Does that mean we are going to be killed!"

Chopper then falls backwards, tumbling down the stairs to everyone's horror. Zoro grits his teeth in anger before leaping towards Chopper's rescue. Just as Chopper is about to fall into the lake, two arms sprout from the stone stair catching him.

"Nice save," Liliana smiles as Nico Robin sighs in relief. Just as Liliana was about to bring Chopper back to the ship, a large skyfish springs out of the clouds, lunging for Chopper. With a quick motion, Liliana swiftly brings Chopper safely back into her arms as Zoro lunges at the skyfish.

"What is that?" Nami gasps, eyes wide with fear as Zoro falls into the lake with the skyfish.

Nico Robin watches on with slight amusement. "A shark... in the sky... A skyshark?"