Know What To Do

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓᵢ
𝔻𝕚𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟?

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

𝕊taring down at the chess game in front of her as she casually sips on her cup of tea

𝕊taring down at the chess game in front of her as she casually sips on her cup of tea. Nearby, Usopp continues to create more weapons and Zoro continues to doze off in the morning sun. Liliana places her knight on the board taking Nami's bishop, therefore winning the game in the next move to Nami's growing frustration. "Checkmate," Liliana says with a slight smile at Nami.

Looking at the board frantically, Nami groans in frustration realising that she can't move her king anywhere without losing. "That is like the tenth time I lost." Frustrated at her losing streak as Liliana took out her king with one fell swoop of her knight.

"To be fair, you did nearly win a couple of games. I just got lucky," Liliana responded, a small grin on her face as she restarted the game at Nami's insistence, gaining Usopp's attention.

Nami scoffs at Liliana, as she moves her pawn two spaces forward, determined to at least win one game against the younger girl. "Nearly winning isn't as good as actually winning. I got my pride to look out for."

Looking up at the game, Usopp witnesses how Liliana easily wins the next game with relative ease, slightly impressed at Liliana's prowess. "How are you so good at this game?"

With a shrug Liliana moves her rook four spaces to the side, trapping Nami's king once more as Nami pouts in her chair at having lost once again. "I don't know. I have a natural affinity for strategies I guess."

"Natural affinity, my ass. You're like a prodigy," Nami grumbled.

Liliana chuckles at the comment, a past memory of her father and granduncle saying those same words to her whenever she would win their games of chess. It feels like a lifetime ago for Liliana who was all smiles and laughter until it happened. The relaxed smile drops from her lips as the unpleasant memory surfaces through her mind.