You Just Had To Ask

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓᵥᵢ
𝕀 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

𝔸 ringing is heard in Liliana's ears at those words

𝔸 ringing is heard in Liliana's ears at those words. She couldn't believe it. Refused to believe the ultimate betrayal of her crewmate. No.

The ultimate betrayal of her friend.

Because Nami couldn't do that. Liliana couldn't believe that the girl who fought with her against Kuro and Buggy would do something like that. Someone who fought with Usopp would betray him. She just couldn't. Liliana shakes her head, eyes filled with unshed tears. "You're lying. He's not dead."

Usopp can't be dead and Nami wouldn't murder him, Liliana thinks in her head, hoping that what Johnny was saying was not true.

Johnny shakes his head, digging his nails into the cold dirt. "I'm not. She was the traitor all along. She was winning Arlong's favour so she could have the treasure buried in Cocoyashi Village all to herself. That woman is just a cold-blooded killer. She won't stop till she gets what she wants. Nami had us fooled the entire time."

Luffy pounces on Johnny gripping onto the front of his shirt in a fit of rage. "Quiet! Say another word and you will regret it!"

Liliana turns away from the group, shutting her eyes from the pain. In her mind, she knows that Johnny is not lying but in her heart, she doesn't want to believe him. She just couldn't believe it. Sanji places his hand on Liliana's shoulder but she shakes his hand away and quickly steps away from him as she hugs herself tightly.

Zoro immediately tries to hold Luffy back. "Easy Luffy. This has nothing to do with Johnny."

"Believe what you want but I know what I saw! Nami killed Big Bro Usopp," Johnny calls out.