Fate Was Never Kind

╔══════☩═══ ♛ ═══☩══════╗

ₓᵢᵢ
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕚𝕥 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕤

╚══════☩═══ ♚ ═══☩══════╝

𝕊tanding at the stern of the ship, Usopp leans against the railing as the crew anxiously waits around for Luffy to strike a deal with the boss

𝕊tanding at the stern of the ship, Usopp leans against the railing as the crew anxiously waits around for Luffy to strike a deal with the boss. Their worry and anxiety for their friend over the past week, mounting as she continues to be in the same blank state. Now with a sudden fog descending on the area, it didn't bode well for Usopp.

"We've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs for four days now," Usopp asks, irritated at the long wait, "How long do you think we're gonna be here anyway?"

"Who knows?" Zoro answers, sitting up against the ship's railing.

Throwing his hands to the ground, Usopp whines, "He said a year but I'm already so bored. If we could leave, it might help Lily."

Nami rolls her eyes at Usopp. "Quit whining. This place is great plus all the food here is free and we all know that Liliana won't leave her cousin."

"Yeah for you and Liliana it is," Zoro scowls.

Spotting Luffy carrying a gigantic trash bag in his arms, Usopp calls out to him, gaining his attention. "What are we still doing here?" Usopp barks out, "Come on, let's just get out of this place."

"Just sit tight a little longer. I'm gonna try and get another deal with the owner," Luffy answers.

"Well, hurry up!" Usopp demands, with a little bite to his voice. Looking towards the door to the girl's quarters, Usopp frowns. Liliana's state has subtly improved from the first day, but she stays in bed, only leaving for the bathroom and rarely saying anything. Suffice to say but the crew were really worried. They're worried that if things continue that her physical state could also go into a decline.

Usopp sighs once again, as the crew looks towards the horizon, their own worries mounting for two different reasons. Then their expressions change as something looms towards them through the thickness of the fog. With mounting degrees of horror as a large galleon that dwarfed the size of the restaurant finally approached, like a spectre of death straight from the grave.

From below the deck, lies a young girl, not yet seventeen, but already having witnessed too much and will continue to witness more. Liliana feels and hears everyone's horror through her muffled hearing. She knows she needs to fight. She knows she needs to help. She knows that she can't afford to stay here. Her friends need her.