10

y/n POV

The winding path of the gardens was covered in a light layer of snow, just barely coloring the tops of trees and bushes white. You had been walking for a while now, but when you and Taehyung had first started your outing, he had amorously intertwined his arm with yours. It made you blush, but you didn't mind. He radiated warmth, and his close proximity heated your left side.

The two of you spoke casually. It was a refreshing change from the typical formal conversation you would have with people. He was easy to talk to and seemed to feel the same about you. You talked about his family back home, and yours here. Both of you seemed to withhold information about one's families, but there seemed to be an unspoken understanding that it was ok not to talk about the bad parts of familial relations at the moment. But despite the evasive words when regarding each other's families, you were definitely getting to know him better. You even discovered he knew how to play the violin.

"You have to play for me dsometime, Taehyung! We have such little music in the castle I'm starved of it."

He chuckled. "As you wish."

Your conversation stayed lighthearted, Taehyung making flirty quips at every turn

Your conversation stayed lighthearted, Taehyung making flirty quips at every turn. You were surprised at your enjoyment of the venture. Turning another corner that led into a courtyard, you watched as two figures stood, talking to each other in hushed tones. After only a few more steps had you come to realize it was Yoongi and the man who consistently accompanied him. The two men looked angry at each other.

When Yoongi notice you and Taehyung approaching, he cleared his throat and their conversation ceased. You heard Tae hum curiously. "I wonder what those two were bickering about again." He whispered.

"Again?" You asked, but the pair of you were already too close for Taehyung to elaborate.

The man speaking with Sir Yoongi bowed towards you, and then walked away, back into the castle. Yoongi straightened his back and met the two of you with an emotionless face. With Tae's arm still wrapped around yours, you stopped.

"Good evening, princess." Yoongi bowed, then switched his eyes to Taehyung. "Sir Taehyung." He nodded.

"Hello Sir Yoongi," you greeted. It felt odd. You were comfortable using the informal of all of the other suitor's names, but when you spoke aloud, only Sir Yoongi felt appropriate.

"All is well I hope?" Taehyung asked snidely. You knew it was Tae's nature to be cheeky, but you hoped Yoongi didn't take offence. "I saw the two of you quarreling yesterday as well. It seems you spend more time glaring at that man than anything else."

You felt the tension between the two men's stares. You wondered if Taehyung was only so instigating to impress you. You had a bad feeling when Yoongi narrowed his eyes. "Yes, discussions regarding important business can get heated you know. Or do you know? Being the eldest son of one of the least powerful lords in the kingdom, maybe you don't know much about important business." Yoongi shot back.