35

Y/n POV

Your senses lit up like a suddenly ignited fire. You knew who was carrying you away from the battle in the throne room. It made you uneasy.

Yoongi.

You resumed banging on his back, this time with all your might. "Put me down!" you screamed, wriggling in his grasp.

After a few more moments of struggling, Yoongi turned another sharp corner and put you down on your feet. Instantly, and from what almost felt like instinct, you backed away from him. He looked at you with an indistinguishable face. There was concern, of course, but also unease, sadness, and anger. All that spread across your face was fear and dried tears.

He held up his hands carefully in surrender, realizing he was scaring you. "I'm not going to hurt you, y/n. I would never do that." You turned your head slightly, untrusting of his words. "You have to believe me."

"Well I don't," you stated bluntly, stopping your retreat when you were a comfortable several feet away from him. His expression was frustrated but hurt. "How can I believe anything you say, Yoongi?"

He looked down at the ground, his eyes that repeatedly made you lose your train of thought stayed low and gained the familiar stormy quality they did when he was upset. "I don't know how to make you trust me, y/n. But honestly, we don't have time. I have to get you out of the castle."

You shook your head. "Not good enough," you retorted; and you meant it. "You were sent to kill me. Ten minutes ago, your father was about to have me and my family killed. You better give me something better or you can fuck off."

He took a breath, keeping his tone calm and low. "Let me save you. Let me get you out of here, please." He looked up at you, and you felt the hard exterior you'd put up soften. His eyes had changed as they had so many times. Faded dreamily from the hard stare they once held to the genuine, soft eyes that you looked into that night on the couch by the fire. "Please," he repeated.

He took a cautious step forward, looking into your eyes in search of permission. You didn't back away, but you stayed on edge. He took another step and was in front of you. He raised his hand, causing you to flinch a little just by natural reaction. You were still scared of him. His eyebrows furrowed at your reaction and eyes softened even more. He paused, then continued. He moved his raised hand to envelope your own, intertwining your fingers in each other, he spoke softly.

"Let me prove to you that I can protect you. I've been a coward so many times. Now, I want to be strong. For you."

You hesitated, then nodded slightly. You still didn't trust him, and you had every right not to, but right now he was your only hope of survival. As far as you could tell, he sounded genuine, but that didn't mean you wouldn't keep your guard up until you could trust him again.

Your eyes were low, but he bent down to catch your gaze. "Okay? Now let's go." He urged.

Panic filled you once again when you remembered the situation at hand. "No," you started, his face confused at your response. "We have to go back."

"Go back? Y/n are you crazy? You'll be killed! We have to get out of the castle now."

You shook your head. "My sister. My friends! We have to go back and help them. They have to get out of the castle too." Your head felt like it was spinning with all your thoughts. Tears of overwhelming emotion constantly remaining pooled in your eyes.

"I'm sorry y/n but we can't."

Your head shook again. "No, I'm sorry. I can't go with you without them."

He squeezed his eyes shut with exasperation. "I-I saw Jimin," he started. "Jimin grabbed Ester and your parents. I didn't see where they went but he took them as I took you." You bit your lip. Had they gotten out too? "That's the best I can give you, but you aren't going back to that throne room even if I have to take you by force. I won't put you in harm's way again; I've done that too many times already."

You opened your mouth to once again disagree, but loud, booming voices took the words out of your throat. Heavy footsteps accompanied the low grumbles. You and Yoongi pressed yourself against the wall of the hall you were in. The men were in the hall parallel, so as long as you didn't make any noise you wouldn't be seen.

A familiar voice among sounds of enemies. Lord Min's councilor. You cursed him for making it out alive. "Find the princess and Sir Yoongi. Don't let them make it off the castle grounds alive. Aim to kill."

You swallowed and felt Yoongi tense next to you. The two of you were officially being hunted.

When the voices seemed to fade, Yoongi turned to you. "Y/n, listen to me. If we leave the castle, we can get help. Aid from the Southern Kingdom, armed men from loyal lords, support we desperately need. We can't do anything if we're dead, okay?"

His words made sense, but they still stung in your ears. You quickly thought over the alternatives. You didn't have much of a choice, honestly. So you found yourself nodding smally once again. You figured on your way out you might be able to find some of your friends, but for now escaping the castle was one of the top priorities. It would be one of your best bets for saving as many of the people you loved as possible.

Yoongi still held your hand, his grip tender but firm as he peered around the corner. He scanned the hall for a second, then looked back at you with a jut of his chin. He led you out into the hallway and the two of you jogged with soft footsteps towards the other end of the hall. You weren't far from the main entrance, but with an unknown amount of enemy men flooding the palace and looking for you, the journey may be a bit more treacherous than before.

The pair of you turned down another corridor, and you knew the entrance was near. Your gown flowed behind you in a way that you would have admired as beautiful if you were in any other situation than this, but unfortunately you only found annoyance in the long gown. One of your hands pulled up the front of the dress to allow for your quick pace while the other hand was locked with Yoongi's.

After the sharp turn into the next hallway, Yoongi slid to a quick halt, causing you to stumble slightly before you could stop yourself. On the other side of the corridor was the main entrance of the castle, and men wearing foreign uniforms filed in through it.

"Shit," breathed Yoongi as he nudged you back around the corner.

You felt panic rise inside your stomach. "What are we gonna do?" you worried aloud.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "Well I guess the front door is no longer an option, where's the nearest door that will lead us to the garden? There shouldn't be many men around those parts."

You thought for a moment. "It's a little farther away, but the greenhouse door will take us out to the garden and from there it's a straight shot to the stables. We can take the horses and escape."

Yoongi's forehead creased in thought as he considered your words. Then he gave a nod. "Yeah, that could work."

Satisfied with the plan you have created, the pair of you ran back down the hall you came and towards the other side of the castle where the greenhouse was located. You just had to make it there, and you would be safe.

As you ran down the wings of the castle that you had roamed your entire youth, the blackness of the night outside seemed more intimidating and malicious than ever. Everything was scary. Everything seemed dangerous. Everyone was a threat.

You were the most terrified you had ever been, but for some reason, against all common sense and rationale, you felt safe following behind Yoongi.

He said he would protect you,

And you found yourself believing him.