22

y/n POV

Your heart raced and tears instantly found your eyes. Fear consumed your body and bad, torturous memories flooded your mind. The man on the night of the ball who had tried to kill you. Your struggle. The blood. You squeezed your eyes shut and tried to yell from under the hand that remained on your lips.

"Shh, shh, it's ok."

A familiar voice. You opened your eyes, a tear falling from your right eye naturally. The hand that covered your mouth fell. It took a second for your eyes to adjust, but when they did your heart dropped. It was just Jungkook.

His eyes were wide and surprised. "I'm so sorry, y/n, I didn't mean to scare you I just didn't want to make any noise so we could talk alone."

Your heart still raced, but the realization that you weren't in fact in danger spread slowly through your stiff bones. You wiped your eyes. "Jungkook you scared the shit out of me."

He huffed slightly like a laugh. "I've never heard you swear." He half smiled, still seeming apologetic for his actions.

You took deep breaths and swung your arm with only half force, bumping him on the shoulder. "Don't ever do that again," you said, a little out of breath but forgiving of his mistake.

He smiled smally. "I promise."

You looked around. The party had continued even when you thought you were in danger. Your mind briefly thought about if you were actually being taken or harmed what would have happened. Would anyone even have noticed your absence soon enough? You concluded that leaving the protection range of Hobi and Noor was a bad idea on your part.

You exhaled, finally getting your breathing under control. "What did you want to talk about, Jungkook?" You looked into his big eyes that had turned from wide and surprised to loving and enamored in an instant.

"I just wanted to see you," he swayed.

You looked him up and down and realized why he may have made the questionable decision to scare you

You looked him up and down and realized why he may have made the questionable decision to scare you. He was shitfaced.

The side of your lips pulled up in a questioning smile. "Jungkook? Are you drunk?"

He laughed musically, yet a little harder than he should have. "No, princess. I've only had a few drinks. The alcohol here is so much better than at home, you should try some."

He confirmed what you had expected. "Maybe you should trade out those yummy drinks for some water, JK. And also, I would advise not getting in one of the rowboats tonight," you giggled. "if you did, we could have a capsized boat and a very wet Koo on our hands." He chuckled in return and you noted your use of the nickname "Koo". It was something you had just made up on the spot but liked the way it sounded. Of course, he didn't let it slide.

"Koo!" His eyes lit up. "Oh, I like that nickname a lot, princess." He swooned, coming a little closer to you. You didn't mind. "Call me that and that only from now on, y/n. I love the way it sounds when you say it."

You nodded and turned your head when you heard an announcement-like voice from a way away. Probably telling people to begin collecting their candles and heading for the boats. You turned back to the boy in front of you.

"We should head back to the group now," you said softly, glancing towards the direction that light from the fires shown from.

You turned back to Jungkook to see him staring longingly at you. "You're beautiful, y/n. Have I ever told you that?"

A smile came to your lips automatically. "Thank you, Koo."

He sighed happily. "No, like you don't understand. I've never met a girl like you. Amazing in every way. Every aspect. Perfect."

You blew air out of your nose as a laugh. "Maybe you don't know me very well, then." You wrung your hands together.

Your eyes were fixated on the ground, but a touch on your cheek made you look up. "I know you. And you're amazing. And stunning and elegant and graceful and amazing."

Another giggle from you. "You're drunk, JK."

His finger ran over your cheek, and you enjoyed the touch, until it reminded you of Yoongi. Then you turned your face slightly, away from his warm fingers. "Have more confidence in yourself, princess." He drew closer, his aura intoxicating.

Just a moment ago he was a bubbly boy who swooned over the idea of you calling him "Koo", now he was a man, looking down at your face and making the blood rush to your cheeks. Again, in his inebriated state, he didn't mind vocalizing his noticing.

"Are you blushing, princess?" His words only made you blush more, and only caused you to be more incapable of making eye contact with him. "Cute," he mumbled deeply under his breath.

You stood, flustered beyond words and only getting redder by the second. He sighed and looked up towards the sky, remaining close to you although his hand that once roamed your cheek had fallen to his side. "Don't blush for me, my princess," you noted the use of the phrase 'my princess' again. You loved it when he called you that. "I'm just some boy," he finished.

Your eyebrows furrowed and you looked up to him. "You're so much more than that, Jungkook. Maybe you should take your own advice and have more confidence in yourself."

He looked back down at you with a half smirk. "I'm older than you, but when I'm around you I feel like I'm years and years away from your level of wisdom and knowledge."

You shook your head. "You underestimate yourself. You're bright, smart, kind, and wise. More than you ever may know."

Now his smirk melded into a full smile, his nose scrunching up slightly as it usually did when happiness overcame him. He placed both his hands on the side of your arms, returning back to his usual upbeat and playful self. "Aren't we just the pair?" his tone now happy again. "two ingenious and brilliant self-doubters."

You grinned again. "That's us."

The music that had set the mood of the night changed to a different pace, and you both knew it was because it was time to fill the boats and shove off. Jungkook's eyes shot up towards the direction you had come, then back down to you.

"I've said what I needed to say," he looked at you, absolutely smitten. "But oh, how much more I want to say."

You were confused. What was he holding back? You opened your mouth to tell him to speak his thoughts, but he already had his arm intertwined in yours and was leading you back to the front side of the tent to rejoin the crowds. "Let's go, my princess."

You smiled.

My princess.