32

y/n POV

His eyebrows twitched and eyes slightly squinted. "What?"

You took a few more breaths. "I choose you," you repeated. "You're my choice."

"Y/n," he trailed off. "What are you talking about?"

You stood from your seat next to him. "All this time I've been torn apart by who I should choose to marry. I didn't know who I loved or who I wanted. But you... You're the only one I want. It's my choice." You began to nod to yourself, talking your way through your thoughts. "It's my choice, I'm going to be queen. And I choose you."

Yoongi began shaking his head, standing up to match your position. "No, y/n, you're not thinking straight."

You looked up to him. "No, I'm finally thinking straight! I love you, Yoongi!"

More disapproving movements of his head. "No, you don't love me."

"I do! Why do you try and convince me that I don't when I know it's true?"

Yoongi opened his mouth with concerned eyes but was interrupted by a sound from outside the window. You jumped a little with surprise. It was a floor shaking boom. You looked towards the window. "What was that?" you asked, walking over.

"Y/n..." Yoongi's voice sounded increasingly anxious.

"It sounded like an explosion." You opened the window and immediately smelled what you saw. Smoke rose in large, dark clouds from a source that you couldn't see. "It was an explosion! What's happening? Was it those men on horses?" Your heart began to beat faster. Panic rose in your throat.

"Y/n..." Yoongi's voice was hesitant, but stern. You turned around and looked at him. He seemed shaken. He shook his head and began to pace. Then he stopped, his expression having completely changed from the one he came in with. He now looked more like the man that you sat next to on the couch that night he kissed you. He looked like the man that offered you his dessert when he knew you were hungry. He looked like the man that had saved your life. He looked like the Yoongi you knew and loved. "Come away with me," he stated bluntly.

You were taken aback by his words. "W-what?"

"Come away with me," he repeated, approaching you with pleading eyes. "Let's leave the castle. We don't need this, we don't need the kingdom, just run away with me and all we'll need is each other."

You were astonished by his proposal and took a cautionary step back as he moved closer. The complete whiplash you felt was overwhelming and made you feel dizzy. Why was he saying this? He just tried to convince you that you didn't love him and now he begged you to run away with him? He took both your hands in his and looked up to you with a desperate gleam. "Please, y/n. Come with me."

"You're scaring me, Yoongi. What's happening?"

He shook his head once and broke eye contact. "We won't have to worry about anything. I can finally hold you without reserve. I can kiss you without guilt and touch you without fear."

"Fear of what? I'm confused. What are you talking about?" you stammered for the right words, attempting to get answers out of him but all he could reply with were things that gave you more questions.

"I'm so sorry for all that I've done. But I only did it so this wouldn't be so hard. I love you, y/n! So please, just run away with me and we can live happily; just the two of us."

You were confused and frustrated beyond belief. You didn't know what was happening, or why. You wanted to nod your head yes and have him take your hand and run as far from the castle as your feet could take you, but you had obligations here. You had friends, family, your kingdom. You couldn't be so reckless. Tears welled in your eyes at the thought. He loved you. You knew it. You were just about to explain to him why it just couldn't be done when there was a heavy knock on the door.