27

y/n POV

You sucked in a silent breath as you two stared at each other for a moment. He couldn't have been more than a hundred feet from you. The closest you had been for a while. Your heart quickened and became uneven. You opened your mouth. What were you supposed to say? He didn't seem to know either. He obviously hadn't expected to see you here, but the same was true for you.

At first, you felt surprise and disbelief, but that quickly melted into red hot anger. Your insides burned and your fists balled at your sides. His eyes glanced down at your clenched hands, then back up to your eyes.

His eyes.

Those beautiful balls of darkness that you had looked into so many times with a fluttering heart. They seemed so big and innocent and perfect. As they had on many different occasions, your knees felt slightly weaker at the sight of them. You sucked in air with the intent to say something again. Something mean or hateful or accusatory so he would know just how much he hurt you and just how much of a terrible person he was.

But you couldn't seem to say what your mind screamed. His eyes caught you off guard. You told yourself even as recently as the walk to dinner that if you saw Min Yoongi you would give him a piece of your mind. You would tell him that you never wanted to see him again and that he should just leave your castle.

But none of that hatred felt so passionate anymore. All of a sudden, the hot anger in your core seemed to cool a little. The twist of your stomach became less knotted and tight. You sighed. Now, you just wanted to talk to him. You didn't feel like yelling or screaming or crying. You just wanted to speak and listen.

One last try, you opened your mouth and out fell that word that seemed to be a particular weakness of yours. "Yoongi," you said softly. He flinched at his name as if it were a strike across the face. "I just want to-," before you could say anything else, he had turned around and began walking quickly and heavily back the way he came.

You blinked, not expecting that in response, but also not about to let him walk away again. Your feet began to move forward before you could even think about if you wanted to catch up to him or not. "Yoongi, wait please!" You called, your short steps soon turning into long strides and then a jogging pace.

He ignored you and kept walking. He disappeared behind a corner that you turned quickly, your baby blue gown flowing side to side with every step. You cursed the long length as you lifted it up so you could move your feet quickly. You saw him turn once again, this time in through a door, closing it behind him. He had hidden away to his chambers. You skidded to a halt outside his door and huffed a laugh at his childishness. "You can't just hide from me under your covers, Yoongi!" You called, knocking softly at the door.

You were breathless, but an overwhelming feeling arising in your chest. The feeling was a mixture of panic and worry. You just wanted to speak to him. Find out what really happened. "Yoongi, I just want to talk to you," you said with no response from his side. "Please just tell me what went wrong. I was just so confused Yoongi—I still am."

You leaned against his doorway. You knew he was in there; you had watched him rush inside. But he didn't respond. You felt so many emotions. Like all the pain of what had happened was coming back. Like all of his words and actions were a stitched and healed wound reopened with a dagger. It made you breathe deeply in order to keep yourself steady, but you didn't know how much longer you could keep it together if you were only talking to yourself.

You heard small movement within the room. "Leave me alone, y/n." He said from behind the closed door, his voice exactly how you remembered it.

You straightened your back and knocked again. "Please just talk to me! I'm losing my mind, Yoongi."