11

y/n POV

The next day you spent much of your time in the common room. Jimin had sent an attendant to ask you to play a game of chess there, and once you arrived and the game began, the rest of the suitors showed up; all except one. Yoongi was nowhere to be seen. You would find yourself glancing at the doors every now and then, hoping he would be standing there. But he never was.

You laughed as Jin cracked a joke. The other men seemed more at ease most likely after having gotten to know the others better during the day you were absent. Your eyes flicked to the door once again, but this time, to your surprise, someone did stand in the entry way; just not the person you expected.

It was Isabella. A smile washed over your face and you stood. "Isabella, come in!" you called over to her. She seemed a little shy and a touch hesitant, but she entered, nonetheless.

She looked much more like a princess now than she did when you saw her two days ago. Her hair was now brushed and tame, and her cheeks free of dirt. She wore a borrowed dress and simple jewelry. She grinned as you approached her. "I didn't mean to interrupt," she spoke softly as you took her hand and led her to the chairs where the group of you and your suitors sat. "I just got a little bored and decided to take a look around."

"Of course, you're not interrupting at all. Please join us." You said as she sat down next to you.

You turned to the group of men who half still kept their gazes on you, and half now looked at Isabella. "And who do we have the pleasure of meeting today?" Jungkook asked politely.

You glanced at her, and she looked at you with uncertain eyes. "She's my guest, Princess Isabella from the Southern Kingdom." You decided to leave out the part about her being held hostage here in the castle. It didn't seem like very good banter.

When the word princess came out of your mouth, the men instantly stood. You and Isabella giggled a little as they bowed. "Your majesty." Taehyung spoke.

Taehyung POV

When Isabella had walked in, my heartbeat delayed for a moment. She was beautiful. Standing next to the princess, it was the prettiest sight I had ever seen. How lucky am I to be in the presence of two of the most ethereal girls I've ever seen? And the second Y/n mentioned she was a princess; I couldn't help but swoon a little.

After the men had bowed as you do in the presence of royalty, we sat back down, picking up our conversation where we had left off. I was still entranced by Princess y/n but did happen to find myself giving the passing glancing I would usually give to her, to Isabella. I thought only for a second how if I married Isabella, it would also solve the problems I had with my family but felt angry at myself for even thinking the thought. It was a selfish thought. Love should come naturally, not forced by the hand of greed.