26

y/n POV

Dinner was to be served in the dining hall once again, but before you and your two close friends made your way there, you decided to take some time to make yourselves feel pretty. It was a suggestion made by Isabella, saying that looking good often times made her, in turn, feel good. You were open to any suggestions at how to feel better, so you and Noor played along.

The three of you joked around in your chambers for a little over an hour, trying on all of your dresses that you could get your hands on and each picking out your favorites to wear to dinner. It wasn't announced to be a particularly fancy dinner, but your trio made the decision to dress as if it were anyways.

Isabella chose a dark, deep purple dress that accented her brown hair prettily. Noor decided on a sage green dress that would typically be saved for spring and summer occasions, but Noor didn't care. It was a lively gown that would be bound to turn the eyes of a certain knight she aimed to please. You had followed Noor's lead and decided on a dress that wasn't very seasonally appropriate, but made you feel pretty, nonetheless. It was a light blue dress that clung to you softly. You had worn it at the end of the previous summer and remembered how you liked the way it hugged your sides and boasted its baby blue color proudly. Noor styled Isabella's hair, and you brushed their cheeks with shades of pink.

When you had finished, the sun outside your tall windows had set completely, sinking down into the ocean as it did every night. You each wrapped a cloak around your necks, you and Noor taking the ones lined with fur to hopefully off put the dresses you had picked out which were not made with winter air in mind.

The walk to the dining hall was short. Too short. You felt that familiar pool of anxiety bubble in your stomach. You would see Jin for the first time since he kissed you. Would he be angry? Sad? Would he even come to dinner? Your mind briefly thought of Yoongi as well. Would he come? It was the last night you would all be together before you chose a husband the next day. Would he really pass up this chance? Maybe he didn't care. He probably didn't.

And then of course there would be the rest of the suitors, most likely all trying to ignore the fact that by this time tomorrow night, one of them would be your fiancé. You blinked and you had already arrived. Noor shot you a reassuring glance, and Isabella placed a hand on your shoulder in support. Then you pushed the doors open.

The three of you were a minute or two late, because the men had already sat down at the table. Your parents hadn't joined you and the suitors for dinner for the past week, and tonight wasn't an exception. Your eyes scanned the people that did attend, though, all their eyes on you and your friends now.

Jungkook. He flashed you a sweet smile. Jimin. He waved smally. Taehyung. He kept his eyes stuck on Isabella. You'd wondered if he heard about Isabella having to leave by the end of the week. Your heart ached for them. Hobi. Of course, he was entranced by Noor's appearance. You had to admit, she did look beautiful, but the effects were only enhanced due to the fact that most of the time she wore that run-down attendant's dress. Namjoon. He sat with his posture straight and proud, smile deepening his dimples that you loved so much.

And Jin. You released a breath. You hadn't expected it, but you were so glad that Jin was here. His presence brought comfort even if you knew he was upset with you. You made eye contact with him and his facial expression wavered. He gave a sad smile and a nod. You plead to him with your eyes, trying so hard to silently ask to speak with him later, but the men had begun to stand up out of respect for the ladies entering the room, taking Jin's gaze away from yours.

"Come! Sit!" Jimin said cheerfully.

Dinner was perfect. It always was. Everyone was in high spirits, and the group all seemed to feed off each other when cracking jokes or making quips. These people felt like your family. This, right here, felt like home. Not this castle, not this room, but the people that filled it. It made your heart hurt knowing that after tomorrow, everything would be different. You would be engaged, Isabella would be packing her bags, your suitors would be planning their trips home, and your wedding would be scheduled. You expected to be married by the end of the following week.