y/n pov

You had slept better than expected last night. You thought sleep would never come, but with the comforting knowledge that Namjoon was right outside, and a quick check under the door around midnight to see that his big boots were still there, you slept with little interruption.

You woke up naturally, which wasn't very common. Typically, Ida's footsteps about to barge into your chambers would be the thing to wake you up, but today there was nothing. Based on the sun being out and high in the sky, you worried you had slept for far too long. You didn't want to keep Namjoon sitting outside your door forever. (Even if that sounded amazing.)

You slipped out of bed and pulled on a cloak to hide your sleeping gown. You made soft steps over to your door and gently pulled them open. You smiled at what you found. Namjoon was fast asleep in the chair, his head bobbed down towards his lap. You felt cruel waking him up, but you wanted to let him know he could go sleep in his own bed now. You cleared your throat. Namjoon's head bounced up and with sleepy eyes, he looked around. When he saw you, he stood, straightening his coat. "Good morning princess!"

Now you couldn't conceal a smile. "Good morning Namjoon," you nodded.

"Did you sleep well?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked at you with curiosity.

"I slept much better than I thought I would," you replied. "I can't thank you enough for staying here last night. I don't know if I would've been ok otherwise..." your voice drifted.

His dimples deepened with a grin. "Anytime, princess."

You sighed

You sighed. So many people had called you princess in the last few days. It felt... impersonal. He had done you a great favor, you didn't know if it was an appropriate request, but you spoke it, nonetheless. "When no ones around," you hesitated, but continued. "I'd like it if you called me y/n."

His eyebrows raised slightly but he seemed more happy than surprised. "If that's what you want then I'd be happy to oblige." He smirked playfully. "Y/n," he added. You looked down so he wouldn't see your light pink cheeks. "If there's anything I can do for you, just ask," he said, turning slightly to begin his departure.

"Thank you again. I'm sure I'll see you again soon."

He flashed one more smile. "Until then."

*****

The next few hours were quite uneventful and at the same time odd. No one came to your room to request your presence somewhere or even speak to you about what had happened. It seemed off. You didn't mind, though. The alone time was unexpected, but much appreciated.

The lovely time to yourself unfortunately ended with a knock on your door, followed by entry without your permission. It was your mother. You sprung up from your lounging position in your chair and made eye contact with her. "Hello, mother."