4

Y/n POV

The light from inside the ballroom made you squint as you walked in, keeping your head held high. You wished you could have been holding Hobi's hand. You stopped at the top of the staircase and only now realized that the entire room was applauding you. Your cheeks felt red. You curtsied lightly as you had been told to do. You were mesmerized by all the color in the room, it filled your heart as you looked out over the crowd. Your fear and anxiety soon faded to excitement and you couldn't help but smile a little. "This way, Princess."

You turned to see Hobi guiding you to the side. It was time for your parents to be introduced. You watched as their names were roared by the same man that announced your arrival. They walked in regally. From an outsider's perspective they looked like warm, kind, regular people. But you knew better. Once the two of them stood at the top of the stairs just as you had, your father spoke to a hushed room. "On this night, we hold this ball to introduce a group of fine young men to your Princess. She will choose one to wed, and our kingdom will have a successor!" Applause erupted. "In the meantime, let the festivities begin!"

The music hummed back to life and filled the ballroom as people rushed to the center of the room to dance. You wished you could have been one of them. Just an insignificant person in the crowd who only came here to dance and enjoy the fine food from the castle kitchen. Your stomach growled. Your tummy began to ache with hunger, and you flinched slightly. Only now did the warm smell of food rush through your nostrils, causing you to be dizzy. You turned to Hobi, about to ask him if you could eat before you met the suitors, but an attendant was already in your face, directing you. You were to stand at the top of the staircase and the suitors would line up to introduce themselves.

"Now? So soon?" You asked the attendant. They nodded quickly.

You expected to have your parents with you, monitoring the introductions, but they were already greeting guests at the bottom of the stairs. You felt alone until you glanced to see Hobi not standing too far to your side. You gulped and ran your hands down your torso, straightening your dress, as several groups of people approached the staircase.

The suitors. Your mind raced. It's time. One more quick glance at the ballroom of people dancing and one last wish that you weren't who you were, and the first group had reached the top of the stairs.

One of your attendants approached the group and talked with them briefly, you tried to get a glimpse at who you would be meeting first, but the two attendants blocked your first suitor. Although what did catch your eye was a woman standing with the group. She was beautiful and clever looking. Your curiosity only grew. Your attendant turned back around and smiled. "Princess y/n, may I present Sir Park Jimin."

            The young man stepped forward with a bright smile

The young man stepped forward with a bright smile. He was gorgeous. You swallowed as he approached you. "Hello, Princess. I'm Jimin." He bowed in front of you, his voice like honey.